• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

....Because Its MY kid and MY decision, I can do what I want!!!.*EDIT*

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:19 AM
  • 175 Replies

"worry about your own kid" - as you so eloquently put it....this is My choice!

really? all I was saying is that the kid should hav a say in whether or not she wants to go and get her ears pierced....But since nobody ever thinks of what THEY want, here you go pulling the mind your own business card!!!

***HOPEFULLY I DONT REALLY HAV TO DO THIS, BUT JUST IN CASE, THIS IS NOT MY BABY, THIS IS HOPEFULLY NOT A REAL TATTOO, AND THIS IS AN AWESOMELY SARCASTIC POST :o) THNKS***

by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom0206
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:23 AM

I think black finger nail polish would have been a nice touch....I didn't read the other post, but I am guessing we share the same views. If I had a daughter, I wouldn't pierce her ears until she asked for them to be pierced and I thought she was mature enough to handle not losing her earings.

ITellItLikeItIs
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:24 AM

And the point of this is? I mean really, you're not changing anyone's mind with this. Ear piercings are NOT PERMANENT like tattoos, so that's completely different. As you started out with, do what you feel is best for your children and let others do what they feel is best for theirs. When you birth someone else's children, maybe they will give you the authority to make such decisions. Until then, grow a backbone and get over the fact that you are not the parent of everyone else's children and can't decide on whether the child should have their ears pierced or not. It happens, and it will continue to happen. People fail to realize piercing has been going on since the beginning of times, and yes, even babies were piereced back in the Bible days. It's nothing new, and it's not going away, so parent your child and leave everyone else to parent theirs.

Note, my daughter does NOT have pierced ears. I was going to do it and decided against it, but she's 3 and wants them done now, so I wish I had gotten them done when she was a baby because I know she's going to go maniacal when she does have them done.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2009 at 1:24 AM

wheres his nose ring (guessing it is a boy since the sleeve isnt colored) lol.

LauraKW
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:25 AM

If that is henna - or some other non-invasive technique like mindhi (if I spelled that right) - then I think that is pretty darn cute!

proudGma_of3

There is nothing wrong with piercing your kids ears...

Brandy.B

*sigh*

Was this post necessary?

Oh well..it will be locked shortly.

margarita time

I am a breastfeeding co-sleeping vaccinating disposable diapering part-time working online classes college student wife to one amazing man, mommy to two under two and dang proud of it. I let my kids have junk food and TV sometimes, let my kids CIO when appropriate , anti-death penalty, pro-life, and a young mommy and honestly don't care you think. :) Nice to meet you.

user521

Love the photo of the baby.  It's beautiful.  Too bad it would stretch and get all messed up!

CafeMom Tickers
tgirl715
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:27 AM

I agree with you 100% I refuse to pierce my daughters ears unless she wants them done. She is a infant and can not decide that on her own. I already warned my hubby not to get a cute idea and surprise me by getting them pierced. I have so many problems with earrings and would hate for her to have infected ears at such a young age.

Haleigh Alexis

ebbierowe

my goodness is it really that big of a deal....

it is earrings....EARRINGS....I understand it is putting holes the childs ears...I had my done when I was six months old....and guess what..no ill side effects....I don't remember getting it done....I never pulled them out...and I didn' even have to take care of them...

really of all the terrible things happening to children...and of all the thing things moms on here really need advice about...earrings is the thing to get riled up about?

Bryan's High School Sweetheart in love (for 15 years)  

Mommy to Asiateen girl and Roman american football

Tummy Trouble??? http://www.cafemom.com/group/85015

newmom_1989

Grow a backbone? that doesnt even have any literary purpose in what you are stating...I think you may be confused,...care to try again?

Quoting ITellItLikeItIs:

And the point of this is? I mean really, you're not changing anyone's mind with this. Ear piercings are NOT PERMANENT like tattoos, so that's completely different. As you started out with, do what you feel is best for your children and let others do what they feel is best for theirs. When you birth someone else's children, maybe they will give you the authority to make such decisions. Until then, grow a backbone and get over the fact that you are not the parent of everyone else's children and can't decide on whether the child should have their ears pierced or not. It happens, and it will continue to happen. People fail to realize piercing has been going on since the beginning of times, and yes, even babies were piereced back in the Bible days. It's nothing new, and it's not going away, so parent your child and leave everyone else to parent theirs.

Note, my daughter does NOT have pierced ears. I was going to do it and decided against it, but she's 3 and wants them done now, so I wish I had gotten them done when she was a baby because I know she's going to go maniacal when she does have them done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)