Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this normal for a 2 month old?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:22 AM
  • 5 Replies

I can't remember anything from my 1st dd being an infant, and I thought these types of things usually happend later on in infancy...

anyway just a few days shy of turning 2 months my youngest daughter has started rolling from tummy to back...and now 5 days after turning 2 months can do back to tummy.

is she accelerated or is this normal? LOL

by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kylie819
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2009 at 1:24 AM

My niece started rolling over at 1 month, and I thought that was insanely early...I didn't believe it until her mommy showed me a video lol.  2 months is still early, I think.....

anikahaynes1
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:29 AM

Ya seriously! Thats what i think too but oh well, i can't make her not do it! LOL and i swear i am not making this up, i just dont have a youtube act to load it to so i can paste it here...lol

Quoting Kylie819:

My niece started rolling over at 1 month, and I thought that was insanely early...I didn't believe it until her mommy showed me a video lol.  2 months is still early, I think.....

Melissa0216
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:11 AM

Two to three months is average for rolling over from tummy to back.  It usually take up to five or six months to roll from back to tummy, but all babies are different.  Some babies can crawl by six months, so obviously, rolling would come much earlier. 

My hair stylist's son started crawling at five months and walking only three months later.  She wished he wouldn't have though, because he was into everything at such a young age. 

Sportbominable
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2009 at 7:47 AM

My son (first child) rolled over both ways at 3 weeks old! The doctor didn't believe me until he saw it for himself. He was very energetic and strong. He also crawled at 4 months, climbed the steps and a bookshelf at 5 months, walked at 6 months, spoke his first words at 5 months, and spoke sentences at 8 months. He is very smart (I don't think he's gifted)! You might see your baby doing other things early. Be proud, it's fun to brag, lol!

anikahaynes1
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:36 AM

lol yeah this baby is being so much diff from our first its crazy. my first did everything late, this one seems to be doingo everything early. i figured it wasnt normal but oh well, i can't stop her, so all i can do is be happy for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)