Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Slapping herself in the head...

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:24 AM
  • 3 Replies

My dd is 16 months old and has started slapping herself in the head a lot. She doesn't do it when she's mad or anything like that. She does it just to do it. I was just wondering if anyone else's lo have done this or are doing this. I'm sure it's just to get a reaction. I just wanted some reassurance. Thanks!

by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MotherLady
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:27 AM

Haha, kids do odd things.  As long as she's not hurting herself I'd advise you to react as little to it as possible, eventually the behavior will go away on it's own if it's not reinforced.

having a baby
LauraKW
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:31 AM

Does she have other any other unusual behaviors?  If so, might want to have her evaluated.  If not, she has probably just discovered she can do it and get a reaction from those around her.  Honestly, just sounds like a typical little one.

Bellas_Mommy08
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:33 AM

No other unusual behaviors. Just typical screeching and tantrums. Haha. I figured she was just getting our attention along with the many other things she does to get it. But it helps to hear it from someone else.

Quoting LauraKW:

Does she have other any other unusual behaviors?  If so, might want to have her evaluated.  If not, she has probably just discovered she can do it and get a reaction from those around her.  Honestly, just sounds like a typical little one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)