Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cage Fighting

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:31 AM
  • 2 Replies

A local bar had cage fighting today and my cousin entered it, he likes to fight. His mom tried talking him out of it, she told him people train to do cage fighting and she didn't want him getting hurt. He CAN fight, I've seen him fight plenty of times but he's not had any training. He's 28 btw.

How does cage fighting work? I know they go in a cage but how do they determine the winner?

DH and I drove by it today and there were over 500 people watching, it was held outside. I didn't want DH to stop because we had our 2 year old dd with us and plus, I don't like seeing people get hurt. There was an ambulance there.

My aunt is currently trying to find out if he is ok. I still can't believe he would do that. Do they have to be tested for drugs prior to fighting?

img381/8154/99620876gs2.gifthimage021.jpg jasper witlock hale image by mrscullen1randy.jpg Randy Orton image by Mr_Damn_Artworks

by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
PoisonousBlonde
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2009 at 1:36 AM
anyone?

img381/8154/99620876gs2.gifthimage021.jpg jasper witlock hale image by mrscullen1randy.jpg Randy Orton image by Mr_Damn_Artworks

SusanD
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 2:24 AM

It depends upon the type of fight. It could be a MMA fight, or a toughman contest type fight. It really depends. Most of the time, they have timed rounds and they score each round on the number of hits/blows that each fighter was able to get, or if grappling (on the ground wrestling) who was in a a dominant position, who took who down to the mat, were any blows exchanged on the ground, etc. The person with the most points wins that round. The person with the most victorious rounds, wins the fight. Another option is by knock-out or submission. A submission means that one person was put into a position that they couldn't either get out of and the ref called a stop to the fight, or the person was put in a position that they had to tap out (give up) because it was painful. A knock-out isn't always unconciousness, it can be due to not fighting back while on the ground and receiving multiple blows and the ref calls a stop for TKO (technical knock out).

The EMS is always present for these types of fights. Many people get their noses broken, shoulders dislocated, busted lips, cuts, and concussions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)