Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drama about religion

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:46 AM
  • 39 Replies

Poll

Question: What is your religion?

Options:

Practicing Christian, incl. most protestant sects

Practicing Jewish

Practicing Mormon

Practicing Wiccan/Pagan

Practicing Buddhist

Have religious beliefs, but do not practice

Atheist/ no religious beliefs

Other that I missed (sorry if I did!)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 84

View Results

So many people with religious drama, so much hatred and ignorance. I think a big cause of all of it is a lack of understanding, so lets try to understand each other a bit.

Please vote and bump. If you do comment, please make it friendly. No arguing plz!
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
junebug624
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:47 AM

bump, wiccan, not pagan (i dont believe in multiple gods)

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college attending, loving my soldier, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

BIMOM21
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 1:49 AM

atheist

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2009 at 1:49 AM

I have no religion. Personally I don't care who does or if they do.

The only thing that bothers me is when someone expects me to automatically believe what they do, because they believe it.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

LauraKW
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:50 AM

Sarcastic liberal Methodist :).

boy_or_girl
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:50 AM

Agnostic. Don't believe, but never said it is impossible for there to be a God..........I just like to have proof besides a book.

rona503
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2009 at 1:52 AM

Quoting junebug624:

bump, wiccan, not pagan (i dont believe in multiple gods)

i am the same way, i do not believe in multiple gods either.

bribribri
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:53 AM

Other...

I'm Mormon, I don't necessarily go to church every Sunday (which means I have people stalking me all the time asking why we aren't in church), and I'm not necessarily "not practicing" because we still read scriptures and have our own discussions about them. BUT...your first choice, Christian, includes Mormons. Christian, by definition, means a believer in/follower of Jesus Christ. Mormons place HUGE importance on Christ and his teachings, and it is misleading to disclude us from the Christian category. (Our church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, after all!) =]

.::i absolutely adore::.
|my husband and son|

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

user521
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:54 AM

I'm a Christian.  I have no particular demonination of Chrisitan either.  I keep my beliefs to myself unless asked.  So here is what I consider a Christian.  Someone who believes that Jesus Christ is their Savior.  I don't go to church because I think the majority of churches are corrupt because of man.  I also interpret the bible for myself and not have someone else do it for me.  Guess thats about it :P

CafeMom Tickers
Mamaof2grls24
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:54 AM

Voted! Chritian here, I have my beliefs but i have no hate or ignorance tword any religion or lack there of like i said in the last post, i have respect for you and your beliefs all i want is that same!

*Bump*

Mamaof2grls24
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Quoting user521:

I'm a Christian.  I have no particular demonination of Chrisitan either.  I keep my beliefs to myself unless asked.  So here is what I consider a Christian.  Someone who believes that Jesus Christ is their Savior.  I don't go to church because I think the majority of churches are corrupt because of man.  I also interpret the bible for myself and not have someone else do it for me.  Guess thats about it :P

Thank you lol that is how i feel but couldnt put it into words lol , i wouldnt mind finding a small church just to talk about what the bible means to me and what it means to others, but thats hard to do since most churchs think it all should be interpreted the same way, what a certain verse etc.. means to me might not mean the same to someone else KWIM....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)