Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you believe?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:50 AM
  • 32 Replies

I hear often " I am christian", but after talking a little further i don't see lots of things in common. I have no ide what wiccan means. So please help me out.

What is your religion and what do you believe?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvmySFSGT
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:51 AM

I am somewhere in between Agnostic and Atheist. It seems that the more hardcore Christians I meet the more Atheist I become...

BIMOM21
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 1:52 AM

i am atheist

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2009 at 1:52 AM

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

It seems that the more hardcore Christians I meet the more Atheist I become...

*snicker*

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

Misurromommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:53 AM

What does this mean? I am from italy, and i have never known anything but church of christ christian and catholic. Please explain

Quoting BIMOM21:

i am atheist

Vaerdna
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:54 AM
Atheist
LuvmySFSGT
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:54 AM

Quoting Misurromommy:

What does this mean? I am from italy, and i have never known anything but church of christ christian and catholic. Please explain

Quoting BIMOM21:

i am atheist

Atheist means you don't believe in anything.

Agnostic means you believe in a higher power but not "organized religion".

Something like that.

BIMOM21
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 1:54 AM

i dont believe in god.

Quoting Misurromommy:

Quoting BIMOM21:

i am atheist

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

junebug624
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:55 AM

I practice Wicca.  I believe in the Goddess and the God (some Wiccans are Dianic and only believe in the Goddess).  I do not sacrifice animals... in fact my number one belief is "Harm ye none, do what ye will."  Which is the the equivilant to the Christian "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."  I do hold rites or rituals which could be considered my church on Sabbats (holy days), full moons, and new moons.  I do not believe in praying just when I need help, but rather anytime anything good happens as well.  I am a solitary Wiccan, I practice alone and not in a coven (group of Wiccans).  I have freedom to believe what I want within the confines of the Wiccan Rede.  I practice when, how, and wherever I choose.

Side note: I was confirmed in the Catholic church before I converted.

~June

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college attending, loving my soldier, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

amomtobella
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:56 AM

wiccan ....if i could spell i would till you what it is but i can so you would be wasting your time trying to read it lol

ebbierowe
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:57 AM

I believe in God....I am not a big fan of most organized religions...I understand people need guidance...but in many cases that guidance seems to be for the good of the organzition not the people in it....

I was rasied United Methodist and that is what my kids were baptized as...

I don't currently go to church...but I do pray.....

but I also don't think there is one right religion.....never made much sense to me...God didn't make all people the same so why would make just one religion that was the right one....I personally think he cares more about how we treat each other as oppsed to what religion we follow...but that is just me...

Bryan's High School Sweetheart in love (for 15 years)  

Mommy to Asiateen girl and Roman american football

Tummy Trouble??? http://www.cafemom.com/group/85015

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)