Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really need help understanding something I have noticed...

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:19 AM
  • 17 Replies

and it is not just here on Cafemom...just in general....

why is that people that are against things....be it abortion, ear piercing, c-sections, breastfeeding...any of that stuff.... seem to be constantly trying to convince people not to do it or that it is wrong....

yet people that support it. or feel that it is a personal choice (because in the with abortion pro-choice isn't pro-abortion)...don't seem to be out trying to convince people that it is right or trying to get people to do it......

I just find it odd....maybe with the more serious things I can understand being passionate...but if a person didn't ask your opinion why would you offer it and if they do ask why would you speak it as fact?...

Bryan's High School Sweetheart in love (for 15 years)  

Mommy to Asiateen girl and Roman american football

Tummy Trouble??? http://www.cafemom.com/group/85015

by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2009 at 2:21 AM

Validation.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

user521
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:21 AM

Abortion is a more serious thing.  Other than that IDK.

CafeMom Tickers
ebbierowe
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:23 AM

true and that one I can kinda of let that go....I mean you shouldn't really judge or give advice on that in my opinion unless you know the whole situation for that particular person...but again that is just my opinion....

but the rest of it just seems silly to me..

Quoting user521:

Abortion is a more serious thing.  Other than that IDK.

ebbierowe
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:24 AM

hmmm....but if you still have people telling you are wrong how validated are you really...

Quoting wickedfiress:

Validation.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2009 at 2:28 AM

The people who are constantly preaching against whatever it is are the ones seeking the validation. For whatever reason they need to reassure themselves by convincing others that  they are "right."

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

.carrie.
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:28 AM

I supose people think if they just push hard enough then everyone will just magically agree that somethng is "wrong" or "bad" When a person believes something is right they (IMO) don't feel the need to push someone into also believing it.

On an unrelated note where did you find that pregnancy ticker with the baby in the womb and what it's doing?

jessicahall1985
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:30 AM

some of us just like drama! lol (that's what both of my dh's sisters say about me)

nah but really some of us are just really opinionated ppl.. and we just can't let things go unless they see our point!

then there are some... (i don't think i fit in this catagory) that think they know EVERYTHING... i swear if you were a farmer talking about breeding pigs they would try to tell you how to do it.. or point out what you are doing wrong! lol

stormcris
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:30 AM

I think it is about control and manipulation because a persons self worth can often be hung up on their beliefs. So, instead of just accepting others as they are and gently delivering personal beliefs, they try to force them down other peoples throats. Presenting beliefs and delivering messages of fact is one thing, but there are times some take that presentation overboard and then try to gain control over another person in that matter.

cjsmom0206
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:31 AM

I don't have a problem with a friendly debate, but some people do get a little passionate about trivial things.

allensavannahs
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:31 AM

are you asking my opinion?

...because if you are, here on cafe mom you publicly put something out there subject to opinion.. its an open forum....

IRL if you make a spectacle of yourself ... draw attention to yourself if you will, In America you subject yourself to our first amendment right to freedom of speech..

If you dont want to know what others think don't as a question.

sometimes people will tell you what they think whether or not you have specifically asked because you haven't said you don't care what someone else thinks....

If your not asking my opnion disregaurd the previous statement(s) as they should mean nothing to you or pretain to your life at all..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)