Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Major Charlie horses - end of pregnancy........HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:56 AM
  • 3 Replies

Bananas and sports drinks aren't helping. I am in pain and don't know how to prevent them any more. I have at least 5 more wks to go and my calf is in pain 24/7. I get little sleep, because I am continuously conscious of keeping my leg straight or it will cramp up instantly. Help me please if you know something else I can do. I am desparate. This pregnancy has been a nightmare from day one and the hits keep coming.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
casperswife
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:59 AM

I had the same problem, and bananas and sports drinks didn't help me either.  I would recommend some stretching even though it's going to hurt like hell, and chewable potassium tablets.  keep them by your bed so you can get some sleep and if you wake up with one, chew a tablet, drink something and itll take a minute or two, but it should feel better......Hope that helps, it's the only way I got any sleep at the end either.

squidlife4me
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:01 AM

the ONLY thing that helped me when I was preggo was calf stretches.. if you have the what to expect book they are in there.. I would do them about 10 times a day and three or four times a night..

good luck and its almost over!

TerrorMom
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2009 at 3:02 AM

potatoes are high in potassium too. Before taking any supplements, I would talk to my dr though, a change in the potassium blood level is really bad for your heart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)