• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday party - updated

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:56 AM
  • 14 Replies

My sons 2nd birthday is on June 12th and I was wondering if anyone knew where to get unique safari theme supplies. I'm making a giraffe cake that is about 30 inches tall so I need stuff to go with it.

tia!!!

*nursing at keyboard*

-----------------------------------------------------------------

update:

We went to the store to check out the themes they had and Alex ended up picking dinosaurs! lol I guess I'll do a t-rex or triceratops instead of the giraffe.

Visit my store! I make cloth diapers, quilts, & childrens clothing!

by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Donnafmsbee
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:57 AM

You can try orientaltrading.com

In Darkest Hours Before Dawn, Beware What Lurks In The Shadow's Of The Dungeon ...
Mover
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:59 AM

I love birthdays!!  I have had my best luck with http://www.orientaltrading.com/  or http://www.birthdayexpress.com/  for cute goodie bag things.  My dd is turning 10 in August and her bday theme is Beach Monkey.  It's sort of a kids beach party / hawiian lua theme. Good luck!

**  Update...I just went to the oriental trading and found a ton of cute safari stuff.   Search under "Swingin Safari" and check it out.  They have a whole line of giraffe things too!!

heidi37217
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:00 AM

http://www.buycostumes.com/browse/_/N-3n/Ntt-safari/results1.aspx?AID=10424642&PID=1306671&SID=safarisupplies

Check them out!

RockYou FXText - Get Your Own

sk_tennyson
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:21 AM

Ok this is what I'm going off of for the cake. I havent decided if I want to make the entire thing of rice crispies or if I'm going to do a cake body. My daughter has an egg allergy and I'd like to be able to enjoy a treat KWIM.

Giraffe Cake 

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2009 at 8:24 AM

Quoting sk_tennyson:

Ok this is what I'm going off of for the cake. I havent decided if I want to make the entire thing of rice crispies or if I'm going to do a cake body. My daughter has an egg allergy and I'd like to be able to enjoy a treat KWIM.

Giraffe Cake 

That is soooo cute. My son is turning one in July and we are going to the zoo for his birthday (he loves looking at the animals). I will definitely be watching this post for ideas for birthdays to come!!!

sk_tennyson
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Quoting sk_tennyson:

Giraffe Cake 

That is soooo cute. My son is turning one in July and we are going to the zoo for his birthday (he loves looking at the animals). I will definitely be watching this post for ideas for birthdays to come!!!

Heres the link for the cake. http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/coolest-giraffe-cake-13.html

There are tons of super cool cakes there!

Mover
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Are you planning on making the "cake" or are you having someone else make it?  I agree that it is a super cool cake.  It reminds me a tiny bit of the Tori Spelling tv show.  Her son's nick name was monkey.  On his birthday, they made a super huge monkey cake.  He cried because it scared him.  The rice krispie treats are a good idea if she has an egg allergy.  Can they make her cake with an egg substitute?

Quoting sk_tennyson:

Giraffe Cake 

sk_tennyson
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:31 AM

I'm making the cake. We're driving to my moms (2hr drive) early in the morning so shes going to help with the kiddos while we get everything set up. I could make the cake with egg substitute but in my experience it just doesnt taste as good.

Quoting Mover:

Are you planning on making the "cake" or are you having someone else make it?  I agree that it is a super cool cake.  It reminds me a tiny bit of the Tori Spelling tv show.  Her son's nick name was monkey.  On his birthday, they made a super huge monkey cake.  He cried because it scared him.  The rice krispie treats are a good idea if she has an egg allergy.  Can they make her cake with an egg substitute?

Quoting sk_tennyson:

Giraffe Cake 

sk_tennyson
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Thats super cute! Now I want to do an elephant instead though LOL

Quoting Mover:

I love birthdays!!  I have had my best luck with http://www.orientaltrading.com/  or http://www.birthdayexpress.com/  for cute goodie bag things.  My dd is turning 10 in August and her bday theme is Beach Monkey.  It's sort of a kids beach party / hawiian lua theme. Good luck!

**  Update...I just went to the oriental trading and found a ton of cute safari stuff.   Search under "Swingin Safari" and check it out.  They have a whole line of giraffe things too!!

justlittleoldme
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:35 AM

here in Ohio we have a store called Factory card outlet. they have great kid themed party supplies. I would just check you local yellow pages for party favor/supplies stores. Cute Cake!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)