Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help, Please, someone help me. May be TMI

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:29 AM
  • 24 Replies

For about a week now I have had this pressure in my head. It is sinus pressure. I went out on Tuesday and got some alervert and have been taking that. It seems to be helping. I have also had a horrible headache to go along with it. I take Advil for it and it still pounds, I have been running a fever since Thursday. It isn't a high fever, hasn't gotten higher than 100.3 degrees. For the last couple days when I blow my nose, it's coming out looking white and milky. Are my symptoms a sign of infection? I'm going to the doctor on Tuesday to get an antibiotic.  I don't know what to do until then, I feel so horrible and I am ruining my husbands weekend. Someone please help me out. Is there any home remedies that I can try? I'm desperate. Please help.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heidi37217
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:30 AM

If otc is not working then yes go to your family Dr.

RockYou FXText - Get Your Own

NSeni
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:32 AM

this is cafemom, not cafedoctor....

go to your doctors office, call and make an appointment.

i dont understand why people on here ask medical questions, like any of us are doctors and know wtf you are asking LOL 

mnmsmom2008

Hot cloth, as hot as  you can stand to touch your skin and fold it in half and lay it over your nose and sinuses then inhale (if you can) the wet hot moisture.  Just do it over and over again, that usually helps me out right away.

momof2girls2407

I would just go to do the doctor.. You could have an upper respiratory infection (sinus infection), Bronchitis or bronchiloitis,(they are pretty much the same thing, or just a really bad cold.  Also, with it be allergy season it could just be allergies.   But, like I said, just go to the doctor and drink lots of water.

momof2girls2407
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Quoting momof2girls2407:

I would just go to do the doctor.. You could have an upper respiratory infection (sinus infection), Bronchitis or bronchiloitis,(they are pretty much the same thing, or just a really bad cold.  Also, with it be allergy season it could just be allergies.   But, like I said, just go to the doctor and drink lots of water.

forgot to add, if you have any shade of green, mucus like when you blow your nose or cough, then it is a sure sign of infection.  If you cough and a metallic like taste in your mouth then get to the dr. asap.  That is a pretty clear sign of bronchitis.  I mention the bronchitis and URI as they go together.  I usually don't have one without the other. 

mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 8:37 AM

I'm asking if anyone has a home remedy to make me feel better until I can get into the doctor on TUESDAY!!!!! You see Tuesday is still 2 days away, because it is Sunday morning right now, so I have to suffer through today and then tomorrow because tomorrow is Monday.  I'm f**king sick, I have felt like my head is going to explode for almost a week now. I just want it to go away. I'm not asking if I should go to the doctor, I'm asking if anyone has an idea for some relief until I can get there.

Quoting NSeni:

this is cafemom, not cafedoctor....

go to your doctors office, call and make an appointment.

i dont understand why people on here ask medical questions, like any of us are doctors and know wtf you are asking LOL 

JudeandLucy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:41 AM

You could always go to one of those Take Care Clinics in Walgreens if you don't want to wait til Tuesday. It's the same co-pay as a regular doctors visit, plus they're open 7 days.

(*I'm not sure where you are or if they have those clinics there, but it's worth looking in to)

mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Thank you. I know it's not bronchitis because I'm not coughing at all. I couldn't remember what color to look for when I blow my nose, but no green there. The pollen count where I live is very high, so that is not helping. I hate allergies. Thanks again for your help.

Quoting momof2girls2407:

Quoting momof2girls2407:

forgot to add, if you have any shade of green, mucus like when you blow your nose or cough, then it is a sure sign of infection.  If you cough and a metallic like taste in your mouth then get to the dr. asap.  That is a pretty clear sign of bronchitis.  I mention the bronchitis and URI as they go together.  I usually don't have one without the other. 

mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 8:43 AM

Thank you. I will try that. I have been doing cool compresses for my headache, I will try hot. I hate being sick, I can never think straight when I'm sick. Thanks again.

Quoting mnmsmom2008:

Hot cloth, as hot as  you can stand to touch your skin and fold it in half and lay it over your nose and sinuses then inhale (if you can) the wet hot moisture.  Just do it over and over again, that usually helps me out right away.

tretresmom
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Put ice on your head for the headache it works with me all the time.  The only thing that will help my headaches is Exederine migraine try that.  Also if you blow your nose and it is a greenish color then that is a sign of infection not white.  Have you tried a nasal spray?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)