• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being a parent the hardest job?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:48 AM
  • 32 Replies
I saw a post in another group a while back asking if they thought that being a SAHM was the hardest job. Most people agreed that it was not the hardest job. I do not think SAHM's have it harder than any other parent but I think parents in general have it pretty tough. Being a parent is not the most physically demanding, not the most stressful and certainly not the most dangerous job but with every ( some of you might not have experienced this) job I have ever had I received training, a handbook and was told what was expected of me or I would be fired. If I didn't agree with the rules I could find another job. If I had a question I could ask a supervisor. I got vacation time, days off and I was paid for my time. When I gave birth, I didn't get a supervisor and I got more than one handbook all saying different things. I have yet to have a day off and I do not get paid. If I have a question there are tons of people I could ask but I would get tons of different answers. I was entrusted to get this person from babyhood to adulthood hopefully keeping them out of therapy and keeping them alive. To my child I am the most important person in the world and I cannot find another job because there isn't anyone to replace me. Thats my random thought for the day
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mysteriousmom06
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:50 AM

I agree, being a parent is a hard job whether you work or stay home.

ambr2006
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:52 AM

It was probably my post because I whine about it all the time because it is hard. I have one kid of my own, and I have legal custody of my sorry brother's little girls, and it is hard. I don't care how much money you have, it can still be a very demanding job. Yes I'm a single mom, but I deal with it and try to get through it day by day. I'm successful, life is good to me, but its tough raising my 14 year old son, and my nieces.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on May. 24, 2009 at 9:53 AM

let me tell u being a SAHM is the hardest job for me and the only job that i have ever had... u are busy all day 27/7  while being a SAHM u dont get break's u hear whimming all day fighting and  bittering and tattle telling all day.. so it is the hardest job for me.but my hubby and i are trying our best  at raising our lil one's.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on May. 24, 2009 at 9:54 AM

i sooo agree.

Quoting ambr2006:

It was probably my post because I whine about it all the time because it is hard. I have one kid of my own, and I have legal custody of my sorry brother's little girls, and it is hard. I don't care how much money you have, it can still be a very demanding job. Yes I'm a single mom, but I deal with it and try to get through it day by day. I'm successful, life is good to me, but its tough raising my 14 year old son, and my nieces.

SIS213
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:55 AM

I AGREE EVERY WELL SAID.

Mommina
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:56 AM

The hardest jobs are also the most rewarding.  Although I don't consider raising my child a "job".  

I REFUSE to get into a battle of the wits with an unarmed person:)

Melissa0216
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:57 AM

I agree with this post 100%.

aapye
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Quote:

Being a single mom is probably that hardest job.  I was one for a while and it was tough!
aapye
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Quote:

The hardest jobs are also the most rewarding.  Although I don't consider raising my child a "job".

While you may not consider it a "job" , it is hard work and thats what I meant by my post
acwptls
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:02 AM

I do agree to being a parent is the hardest thing someone has to do. Ecspecially if you are a single mom going to work part time and and then coming home and going to online class full time. But the thing with me is that I am a single mom and I havent seen my son for almost two weeks now. The last time i seen my son was on mothers day before i took him over to his dads and then he put an ex parte on me and then we were supposed to go to court last week and i got handed custody paper he went and filed. That is the hardest thing for me right now. i am going crazy not being able to see my 2 1/2 month old son. because i know for a fact he really aint ready to be a father to the son and stuff. what is your advice for that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)