• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

equate pregnancy test with the I I results....bfp or evap? PLEASE READ (piag)

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:44 AM
  • 10 Replies

ok so i took 2 equate ( im a poas addict lol) tests this morning with fmu and i got faint blue lines on both of them.... they are deff faint but there...so then i had dh run out and get me some first response tests and i tested with the same pee but nothing on that one....and a digital was negative as well. im 5 days till af is due so its still really early.... we had a couple m/c's within the past year so we are hopeing for a bfp soon and a sticky one at that!  what do you think?  should we call it positive?  i want to be happy but im really nervous!

by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aimige
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:45 AM

did the faint blue line come up within the 3 minutes, I believe thats the test window?

jessicamorgan33
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I have always been told that if you get a positive even a faint one that it is positive. My doctor told me it is really hard to get a false positive so if it says yes then YES, good luck keep us posted thanks

PEACHES1721
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:50 AM

yes they both came up in the time frame

Quoting aimige:

did the faint blue line come up within the 3 minutes, I believe thats the test window?

sk_tennyson
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:50 AM

The window is actually 10 minutes. If you got a line before 9minutes 59seconds its BFP!! After that the test result can change to an incorrect answer

Quoting aimige:

Visit my store! I make cloth diapers, quilts, & childrens clothing!

othermom
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2009 at 10:50 AM

I have gotten faint positives before and been pregnant. Twice now. I would test again in a few days just to be absolutly sure.

PEACHES1721
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:51 AM

i do plan on testing again. prbly every morning lol. im hopeing they get darker!

Mindy9807
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Well i don't know much about the equate ones. but i gt a very very faint bfp on a dollar store test like 4 days before AF. So i went and got some digitals got a bfn everyday till the day Af was supposed to start. So maybe you should wait a couple more days! Good Luck!! baby dust

pregnancy due date
Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
aimige
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Well then a line is a line... no matter how faint it is... I have peed on alot of sticks...You may be just "days" pregnant and it might take a little while longer for the other tests to detect the hormones.

Quoting PEACHES1721:

yes they both came up in the time frame

Quoting aimige:

kgsharber
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 11:02 AM

The thing is, is that the equate actually are one of the top 3 tests you can buy for acuracy & for reading lower amounts of pregnancy hormones. I bet it's a BFP, and it's just too early for the First Response to read it b/c your pregnancy hormones need to increase.. 

CBtatt_splash-1.gif picture by whisperingdragon

PEACHES1721
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:15 PM

im hopeing this is the case!  its still early so im really hopeful!

Quoting kgsharber:

The thing is, is that the equate actually are one of the top 3 tests you can buy for acuracy & for reading lower amounts of pregnancy hormones. I bet it's a BFP, and it's just too early for the First Response to read it b/c your pregnancy hormones need to increase.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)