Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does money make a difference?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:45 AM
  • 237 Replies

Poll

Question: Does having money make it easier to raise kids?

Options:

Yes

No

Maybe

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 387

View Results

Okay so I have to ask this question b/c of another post. And no I'm not bashing anyone for disagreeing with me.

Do you think having money makes it easier to raise kids?

Okay so I don't mean millions of dollars, I mean middle income vs low income. Or high income vs middle income.

I wanted to put that I'm not asking if having enough money makes you a better parent. just if it makes it easier.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Phenomemom
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:46 AM

I put maybe...I don't know because I don't have money. LOL.

mysteriousmom06
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:52 AM

LOL!! Okay for you in general do you think it would be easier if you had more money?

Quoting Phenomemom:

I put maybe...I don't know because I don't have money. LOL.

BelliesMami
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:54 AM

We don't have much and I feel if we had a bit more it would  certainly help me breathe a bit easier-and sleep better at night too. LOL. We do however live in one of the most expensive cities in the U.S which certainly doesn't help.

lacygurl2326
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:54 AM

I put yes.  because for one when you're stressed out about money (or anything else for that matter) you arent at your best obviously and kids pick up on that.  Plus you have the added security that you are able to afford everything you need for you child.

I dont have a lot of money. but i know when I have a little extra and i'm more relaxed and not stressed I feel like i'm a better mom because i'm more laid back and not wound up.  but that's just me.

graciejoe
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:55 AM

If you mean easier like I can pay somebody else to do it.   I wouldn't pay somebody else though, I quit the job I had so I could be the one with my kids when they needed something, so my answere is no. 

mysteriousmom06
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:56 AM

When did I say so you could pay someone else to raise your kids for you?

I just meant does having enough money make it easier to raise your kids than barely getting by.

Quoting graciejoe:

If you mean easier like I can pay somebody else to do it.   I wouldn't pay somebody else though, I quit the job I had so I could be the one with my kids when they needed something, so my answere is no. 

KareemsMami
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Quoting BelliesMami:

We don't have much and I feel if we had a bit more it would  certainly help me breathe a bit easier-and sleep better at night too. LOL. We do however live in one of the most expensive cities in the U.S which certainly doesn't help.

Agreed.

Mommy To A Wonderful Little Man

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

SkysMom3808
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:57 AM

I think it would take the financial stress out of raising a child. It would increase the material things you can provide but it doesn't help with parenting skills. jmo

mysteriousmom06
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:59 AM

That basicly what I'm talking about. Not being about to buy them everything they want, just having what you need plus some.

Quoting SkysMom3808:

I think it would take the financial stress out of raising a child. It would increase the material things you can provide but it doesn't help with parenting skills. jmo

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2009 at 10:59 AM

I have money now and and I have all the same problems you all do.I get depressed.I have health problems.I have kid problems.I have husband problems.Money has not made it easier.

What good is your shouting if I am not listening anymore?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)