Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wedding rules

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:51 AM
  • 11 Replies

I was at a beautiful wedding yesterday and i noticed a few things. Feel free to add your own.

1. no one in the wedding party should be chewing gum during the ceremony

2.the bride and groom should be dancing to 90% of the songs

3.the bride and groom should not be outside smoking

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaedog3
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:10 AM

not so much,

i just got married I HATE dancing I didnt want to dance at all PERIOD i did dance to about 3 songs that was way more than enough

I smoke hubby smokes and about a third of the ppl at the wedding smoke so yes we did go out side for smoke breaks

besides the reasons i just gave you It was our wedding and our day so se did as we saw fit

babyjohnsmommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:15 AM

well i understand running out for a quick smoke but the whole time? then people hug you and you stink no offence. I also think people have more fun if they are enjoying your wedding with you and more people are out dancing if the bride groom and wedding party are out there having fun. Your right thought your wedding you do what you want...

Quoting shaedog3:

not so much,

i just got married I HATE dancing I didnt want to dance at all PERIOD i did dance to about 3 songs that was way more than enough

I smoke hubby smokes and about a third of the ppl at the wedding smoke so yes we did go out side for smoke breaks

besides the reasons i just gave you It was our wedding and our day so se did as we saw fit

kerrysmom
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:17 AM

# 1..  MAYBE there is a reason why someone in the wedding was chewing gum..  It helps with the digestion...

#2 .. It's their wedding.. As long as they share the first dance who cares if they dance after that..

#3.. So what if they are outside smoking...  It's their wedding...

Quoting babyjohnsmommy:

I was at a beautiful wedding yesterday and i noticed a few things. Feel free to add your own.

babyjohnsmommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:18 AM

they can put the gum away for 30 min they look like cows chewing in front of everyone.

Quoting kerrysmom:

# 1..  MAYBE there is a reason why someone in the wedding was chewing gum..  It helps with the digestion...

#2 .. It's their wedding.. As long as they share the first dance who cares if they dance after that..

Quoting babyjohnsmommy:

BreannazMomma
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:21 AM

well, if you are a smoker...you do need a smoke break (I'm an ex-smoker...and trust me, if I didnt get my smoke breaks back then....people wouuld run! LOL  I was vicious!)

And I haven't gotten married, but what if they don't like to dance?  Or have asthma and need alot of breaks?  Or are just tired?  Getting married is a stressful day...

But as for the chewing gum during the ceremony...I absolutely agree...thats disrespectful. 

Bets85
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:21 AM

If they look like Cows chewing then maybe it wsnt a beautiful wedding?!

confused

Quoting babyjohnsmommy:

they can put the gum away for 30 min they look like cows chewing in front of everyone.

Quoting kerrysmom:

Quoting babyjohnsmommy:

Aislinn
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Why can't the bride and groom smoke? Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't "their day?" I have a wedding rule.. Guest should go and be happy to be invited and not worry about what the bride and groom are doing WRONG! lol

Bets85
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:27 AM

My wedding was my day...... I did everything my way. I walked to Angel by Aerosmith the wedding party walked to Billy Idol white wedding. No words just the music but still.......... I wore COLOR on my weddng dress. I didnt serve fancy foods I got about 10 goldfish bowls and filled them with candy and GUM then we had bar b q there was nothing traditional about my wedding and IT WAS MY WEDDING THE WAY I WANTED IT........ WHAT MADE ME HAPPY....... AND Well if I was to get online and see someone talking about my wedding after i done everything the way I wanted too I think I would be offened...........

foxyloxy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Your profile says you are "tired of being a hormonal....Bword"

I would keep this topic to the CafeMom area of your life and just remember to tell the couple and all friends and family what a beautiful wedding it was. Just a thought.

Like others have said, 'it is their wedding' and therefore their day. I have seen things I don't agree with, but who am I to judge? I am there to show my love and support...that's all.That's why you were there too, right?

Hope your day looks up!

Melissa0216
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:42 AM

I think it's rather customary for the groom, male attendants, and male guests to go outside and have a cigar...so that debunks your smoking thing.

As far as dancing, yes, they should dance to some of the songs - but they also have an obligation to mingle through the crowds and speak with all of the attendants/guests at the wedding.  Can't do that when you're on the dance floor at all times. 

I do agree with chewing gum during the ceremony, that's just tacky.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)