• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Already dreading Summer vacation!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:03 AM
  • 11 Replies

Okay,so we have 5 kids-4 boys(5,7,10 & 12) & a girl(14).But this post is about the boys.Lord knows,the 14 yr old is a post(or 6!!) all on her own!LOL.

Anyway,the problem is,all the boys do is fight over everything.From the skateboard my 10 yr old bought with his own money,to the trampoline & PS2.

So,how do you handle it when they argue over everything?I am already sick of hearing them & school isn't even out yet!!

by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jazzyandpat
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:06 AM

im with yea there. school is out on thursday for us.im soooooooooo not looking forword to summer brake. i work 3rds and my dh works 2nds. only time i will get to sleep is when my dh is home from work and on weekend the only time i get to see dh.

m0m23b0ys458
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2009 at 11:15 AM

My steps(12 & 14) are out Thursday too-they're in your town.Lucky you though-you have all those wonderful parks in your town that you can take the kids to-if you're not too tired.LOL.That would suck having to wait till your DH got home to sleep.Where I live now,the parks suck.

We used to go to Emory Adams park,when DH was home to go with us.The kids loved it.I would never go by myself with them though,due to the little boys always wanting to be in two seperate areas at any given time.One wanted the "baby" area,while the other wanted the climbing stuff.

Quoting jazzyandpat:

im with yea there. school is out on thursday for us.im soooooooooo not looking forword to summer brake. i work 3rds and my dh works 2nds. only time i will get to sleep is when my dh is home from work and on weekend the only time i get to see dh.

m0m23b0ys458
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2009 at 11:47 AM

bump 

kriss1023
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Tomarrow is the first day of summer break. I have already had to sperate them! I dont know how much of the "stop looking at me" "stop touching me" or my favorite, in the car, "Stop looking out MY window" We dont have a PS2 anymore. I warned them about fighting over it. They wouldnt stop so I took it to gamestop and sold it. Then took the 100 bucks I got and bought them books! I would say they read about 20 "chapter" books last summer! We'll see if they break that record this summer!

m0m23b0ys458
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2009 at 12:51 PM

That's a good idea about selling the PS2!Pretty sure DH would have my head if I did that though!LOL.WTG on the 20 chapter books!My kids will be doing alot of workbook work this Summer.Middle DS is on the Autism Spectrum & in big danger of regressing this Summer,so I'm hoping that by giving the other kids work,he'll buckle down & work too.

Quoting kriss1023:

Tomarrow is the first day of summer break. I have already had to sperate them! I dont know how much of the "stop looking at me" "stop touching me" or my favorite, in the car, "Stop looking out MY window" We dont have a PS2 anymore. I warned them about fighting over it. They wouldnt stop so I took it to gamestop and sold it. Then took the 100 bucks I got and bought them books! I would say they read about 20 "chapter" books last summer! We'll see if they break that record this summer!

jazzyandpat
by on May. 25, 2009 at 6:51 AM

no i dont live in findlay... i love out side of it in mccomb.. so yea there is nothing for the kids to do....my kids will not like staying home all day thought out the summer. we normaly are out and doing something even if it is just a walk around the block.what i might do is a friend of ours lives on 136 right beside the race track. s he has a pool and an extra bed....so we might live out there for some of the summer lol.. well though out the day why hubby is at work....

Quoting m0m23b0ys458:

My steps(12 & 14) are out Thursday too-they're in your town.Lucky you though-you have all those wonderful parks in your town that you can take the kids to-if you're not too tired.LOL.That would suck having to wait till your DH got home to sleep.Where I live now,the parks suck.

We used to go to Emory Adams park,when DH was home to go with us.The kids loved it.I would never go by myself with them though,due to the little boys always wanting to be in two seperate areas at any given time.One wanted the "baby" area,while the other wanted the climbing stuff.

Quoting jazzyandpat:

tessiemae41
by on May. 25, 2009 at 7:26 AM

I know the feeling mom, I have 10 ... they fight over things each one bought with their own money, stuff on television (they don't even have), other peoples stuff. So I put an end to it three years ago, what ever you fight about I am taking away and you are not getting it back, other than the stuff you purchased yourself. So far I took away an ipod, skateboard and two cell phones, they were pissed, and I never gave them back, those are now the possession of the salvation army. My husband and I are both inagreement with it, and now they know they cannot put one parent against the other.

Wife to Kadum & Proud momma of (17 yr. old twins: Skylar & Kalib), (15 yr. old triplets, Joshua , Matthew & Apua), (12 yr old twins: Atta & Nadia) and (9 yr. old triplets: Anaya, Sia and Adora)

groom       family in the van     family car

Zanny
by on May. 25, 2009 at 7:29 AM

Send them to Camp..

used2chaos
by on May. 25, 2009 at 7:35 AM

Go get the book 1-2-3 Magic.  Read it, implement the system, and then enjoy your summer!

savannahnhi
by on May. 25, 2009 at 7:46 AM

I love the summer.  I get to spend more time with my daughter.  good luck this summer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)