• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cafe Mom Detective's... ?!?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:56 AM
  • 58 Replies

I was on another post and the poster posted that she had decided to put her bbay up for adoption.
well she was asking for advice and some ladies went onto her profile, and like checked out her family history before leaving advice, and they even commented on her life and other children etc. instead of just answering the question.

My ? is how many of you ladies MUST click on the users profile before you leave your opinion on their post.
I myself have never done it & think its a little nosey to be honest, i mean if she wanted you to know the background wouldnt she have wrote it in her post.

[yes yes i KNOW this is the internet and nothings "safe" but thats not what i'm saying, lol,]
Just wondering how many people Read Over someone else's profile to make their assumption of the person before leaving advice for the ? at hand...

by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mysteriousmom06
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Usually the only time I look at someone profile is if they ask a question & I need more details to answer. Like is it okay for my daughter to do this but they don't say how old the daugther is.

sexylady34
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:01 PM

sometimes i look probably just to be noisy but most of the time i dont...this lady your speaking of has her page blocked i was looking because i was confused about what everyone was talking about..

Heartlight617
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:02 PM
I do it so I can make a better informed answer to a question. I never judge the person, but if they ask for help you may answer only to find out there are more extenuating circumstances. I never mind if people do the same with me. Isn't that why we put it out there? To have our fellow moms know where we are coming from? In a good way?
Carol
LauraLW769
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:03 PM

it depends on the question being asked.   ok yes maybe i read something and say to  myself "is this for-real"  why do i do this? well because somethings just dont sound right.  do i think of my self as a detective? no

Coffee makes me nice to people.

epoh
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:04 PM

I never do. I have limited time in my day to peruse cafemom--Id rather spend it arguing with you all about abortion and breastfeeding and such lol

The world is absurd, and beautiful, and small.

SxyPanamami83
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:05 PM

it was public but she must have made it private when the mamas asked her questions.just like she has the right to ask for advice people have the right to ask questions

Quoting sexylady34:

sometimes i look probably just to be noisy but most of the time i dont...this lady your speaking of has her page blocked i was looking because i was confused about what everyone was talking about..

Mommy2MrHandsum
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:07 PM

rolling on floor
 Yes! the important things in our CM Life. dont forget erf... =]

Quoting epoh:

I never do. I have limited time in my day to peruse cafemom--Id rather spend it arguing with you all about abortion and breastfeeding and such lol

MicheloAnn
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Those poster's should really get to know a person before they "check" her out....

She could have deeper issues than what she wants to reveal... she could be a better person than you think....

She could just want some support....

Isn't that we women are supposed to do? Help each other????

I read that post, and I am one to ask questions outside of the post... why must we embarrass other Momma's? Isn't it enough that she bares her soul online to strangers???

Heather Marie Wendt-Baker-Shepherd-Randall-Shepherd- & the best of all BROKAW

Mommy2MrHandsum
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:08 PM

oh ok, yeah i was about to ask her how those people knew her kids names ages etc if it was private, she probably changed it.

Quoting SxyPanamami83:

it was public but she must have made it private when the mamas asked her questions.just like she has the right to ask for advice people have the right to ask questions

Quoting sexylady34:

Mommy2MrHandsum
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:09 PM

nicely said && good point.

Quoting MicheloAnn:

Those poster's should really get to know a person before they "check" her out....

She could have deeper issues than what she wants to reveal... she could be a better person than you think....

She could just want some support....

Isn't that we women are supposed to do? Help each other????

I read that post, and I am one to ask questions outside of the post... why must we embarrass other Momma's? Isn't it enough that she bares her soul online to strangers???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)