Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where can I find cheap infant car seats?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:28 PM
  • 28 Replies

My baby is due in 23 days, and I have not had the funds to get a seat. I have not yet called the car seat program here in SoCal because I want to be able to choose mine. I know that there are a few sites, I just can't remember them. Please help!

by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShellyABean
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:29 PM

What price range are you looking at?

jmlgb
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Ask your hospital. Ours will let you purchase one from them if you don't have one.  

sunshine21pa

Walmart

heatherann0221

you could try craigslist but I would never get a car seat second hand as you can't guarantee their condition unless it is someone you know personally. You don't know if it's been in an accident, expired. You can get a Graco Snugride for around $60. That's just the seat, not the travel system.It's a good price for a safe seat.

wedding web site

MalibuMommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Between $50-$80 in Graco. I would prefer to use my stoller to make it a travel system, but if not I'm cool with that too.

Quoting ShellyABean:

What price range are you looking at?

jmlgb
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:34 PM

You can get infants seats at Walmart or Kmart for $40 and up. 

MalibuMommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:35 PM

I can't find one for 60!! They all run like 79.99 or more but that is online, I haven't really checked in stores.

Quoting heatherann0221:

you could try craigslist but I would never get a car seat second hand as you can't guarantee their condition unless it is someone you know personally. You don't know if it's been in an accident, expired. You can get a Graco Snugride for around $60. That's just the seat, not the travel system.It's a good price for a safe seat.

westtexaslady
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:37 PM

i'm sure it's not like this everywhere, but the k-mart around here had a bigger selection than walmart... but they are both cheaper than going to other stores.

Quoting jmlgb:

You can get infants seats at Walmart or Kmart for $40 and up. 

mommy2izzy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:37 PM

the Graco Snugride is one of the safest infant seats on the market..I think they're around $80!   

ilovemyson2002
by mom of 2 boys on May. 24, 2009 at 12:37 PM

i got my kids cars seats from wic   for 15 dollars

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)