• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this make me a HORRIBLE MOM?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:53 PM
  • 21 Replies

I feel so so so so SOOOOO guilty!  But next week my DH BIL and myself are heading to the beach. Now this has been planed since March and it was said from the get go NO KIDS ALLOWED!  Now were a week away and I want to take my son so bad! I havent mentioned it to my DH cuz I know he will fly off the handle. He isnt taking his kids. My BIL dont have kids so theres no problem. I know if I did take my son it would be hard since Im not really 100% better from the accident and I cant walk without my crutches, so I wouldnt be able to chase after my son or play in the ocean with him. But I have never left my son for more than an over night visit. I get this lump in my throat just thinking about being gone for 5 hole days without him! IDK..... Should I enjoy the break and relax or should I pack him a bag too?!?!?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jandyrodax
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I would go and enjoy the break without your son!  Every parent needs a break now and then.  It won't be as bad as you think and you can call him each day.

LizzNadler
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Enjoy the break and relax! You'll be happy you did

Double.L
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:57 PM

*IF* you have someone realible and trustworthy to keep him for the week, you should go, have adult time, reconnect with the hubby all over again as just a couple and relax. Taking care of the marriage is just as important! :) Have fun! 

He's my star....and I'm his sky....

chrissi0103
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Yeah def enjoy the break! I wish I could go! Don't be surprised if he really won't care to talk much on the phone. He may be having too much fun! That's what happened with me when i left my kids one time. Now that is how they are all the time! lol

Fit_Momma_Of_2
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Well IDK lol I mean it sounds fun but 5 days!! I dont think I'd even enjoy it lol I'd be thinking about my kids the whole time.

Tanya.LPM. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
elleinad
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Go, have fun. Taking child-free vacations makes you no more a bad mother than date nights. He doesn't have to be by your side all the time. You'll miss him, that's what counts.

Photobucket
BaisMom
by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Do NOT pack your son a bag and take him too! I know it's hard. But this is a great opportunity to have some adult time with your DH and to build on a great relationship with out the interruptions that having kids often brings. Some moms will yelp and say "Children are not interruptions!" but YES, yes they can be when mom and dad don't make time to have to themselves, and it's not the children's fault, but the parents for thinking that having children means that it's okay to not remember that you started out with just you two.

Lacy_2
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:00 PM

I think you should go and relax with out your son. Think about it.. How often do you get the opportunity? If anything like us MAYBE once a year!  We usually go on vacation Memorial weekend to New Braunfels to go ride downt the river and have a good time. We usually leave on Friday and come back on Monday night. When we go there are no kids allowed since there will be so much drinking involved. Everytime we go it is usually by the second day I start missing my kids and calling my Mom (who watches them) all the time to talk to them. So I understand how you will feel. But considering you were in an accident and probably could use the down time why not go? Anyway just go and have a good time, or the best time you can have with being on crutches..

These are merely my opinions, NOT facts. What I state is what I have learned with my kids as a mother, after all isn't that what cafemom is about- Mother's giving other Mother's advice. Advice is just opinions NOT facts.
Kris_PBG
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Me too!  Of course - the only time I have ever left ds1 was when I was in the hospital with ds2!  LOL

Quoting Fit_Momma_Of_2:

Well IDK lol I mean it sounds fun but 5 days!! I dont think I'd even enjoy it lol I'd be thinking about my kids the whole time.

Bets85
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I know ill be calling home to my mom n dad about every hour asking to talk to my son.... i wont be able to sleep..... i just know i wont.......... i mean he started preschool and it took my so long to adjust him not being home for school hours. Im so so attached to him and Ill miss him so very much. I know he will have fun with Nana and Pawpa and some alone time with the Hubby will be awesome too but im on the fence.......... I guess I gotta start sometime..before his friends realize he is a mama's boy! I dont want my little man to get made fun of cuz im to protective!

Quoting Fit_Momma_Of_2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)