Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with Mom.....long

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:01 PM
  • 4 Replies

Background....

I had 2 children before I turned 18. I was living with my mother at the time. The day after I turned 18 my mother kicked me out cause she hated my kids dad. Well my mom is the only family I have in the town I live in so I moved in with my kids dad in Oct. Well I was working 2 jobs and their dad was working too so my kids stayed at my moms alot. Dec. 9 we went to the court house and got married. Dec 16th I told my mother what we did and she asked if she could keep my kids for a week. I was like yea go ahead. Well Dec 22 i went to pick my kids up and my mother had filed for emer. custody. She showed me the papers and I didnt know what to do I just left and went home. 2 days later I got the paperwork. She got emer. custody cause of my ex husbands record(he was real bad into drugs) she also got it cause she told the judge she had them most of the time anyhow. On Dec 31 I got a knock on the door from a woman saying she was heading to the hospital to have my husbands baby. While he was at the hospital I packed my stuff and left.Well I didnt get to see my kids till Jan 27th I picked them up for my supervised visit. I didnt have a place to live, I lost my job. So I didnt fight my mom in court I let her have my kids with the agreement that when I was ready I could have them back.

i have been tryn to get my kids back for 7 yrs. My mom keeps making up reasons why she wont give them back like I didnt have a man to help me, I didnt make enough money, my house wasnt big enough, I was gonna move them out of town...blah blah. My kids are 11 and 9 and they want to come stay with me they have begged my mom to tell the judge they wanna live with their mom and she just changes the subject or says she will do it later and not do it. After months of my kids just hounding her she said when school is out this year she will sign the paperwork to give me custody back. School was out last thursday so I set down with my mom friday and asked her how we were do this. She now is changing her mind again. She only wants to give me joint custody---bio-dad has lost his rights. She also wants to wait till the end of june that way she can collect food stamps on them one more month. Also she lives in an income based housing apartment and if I take the kids her rent will go up.

I cant believe MY mother is doing this to me. My 11 ys son is over here 24/7 for the last 2 months cause he rufuses to go back to my mothers. He wont even stay the night over there. My daughter though is still living there cause her best friend lives at the apts.

i dont know what to do the only option I have if she dont willing give me the kids is to take her to court and I dont wanna do it. I know I will get custody back thats not the problem I just dont want my kids to see us fight and I dont want the kids to have to stand up and choose between me and their grandma.

My mom keeps telling me my kids can come live me but stay in her custody and I refuse to do that.I wanna raise my kids. Plus with her having custody I cant put them on my SO insurance with the other kids. I had to take my son to the dr the other day and I had to wait for my mother to get their to sign his paperwork. Its just a pain. All his school paper have to be signed by her. I want my kids back. I have lived long enough without them. Yea they are only about 10 blocks away and she lets me take them whenever I want but its not the same.

I need some advice on what to do?? I want court as a last option. No child deserves to be put through that.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on May. 24, 2009 at 1:16 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

kriss1023
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Be firm and direct. Tell her if she doesnt resolve the situation now you will take her to court. From what I understand she falseifed the reasons she wanted custody. Cant she get into trouble for that? and the only reason she wants them now is cause of the befinifts? Be Firm, dont let your mom push you around!!

Edit: I reread it. your husband at the time records? Now your exhusband.

ryliejaneismom
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:23 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about what you are going through. I don't know what I would do if I was in your situation so...here's a bump

Good Luck

SHE is the reason I smile, the reason I try, the reason I laugh, the reason I cry. SHE is the motivation for all that I do, when I do something for HER, I ALWAYS follow through. SHE made me into the woman I am today. I didn't know LOVE until I met RYLIE JANEI" -me ♥

[love @ first sight]

LoveMyBunch
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Quoting kriss1023:

Be firm and direct. Tell her if she doesnt resolve the situation now you will take her to court. From what I understand she falseifed the reasons she wanted custody. Cant she get into trouble for that? and the only reason she wants them now is cause of the befinifts? Be Firm, dont let your mom push you around!!

Edit: I reread it. your husband at the time records? Now your exhusband.

Yea my husband at the time..now ex husband. The court told me I had no chance to get my kids back till my divorce was final. His record had  several drug charges and repeat offensives.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)