• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnant & wearing form fitting clothes... what's your take ??

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:17 PM
  • 116 Replies

when i was pregnant with my first son i was pregnant during the winter so of course i was wearing big sweaters and such & it hid my belly. well this time i'm pregnant during the summer [due sept 5] and i'm kind of enjoying it. maternity clothes are still sooooo huge on me. i can't wear anything maternity except my one pair of old navy jeans so i've just been wearing my normal tops, considering styles now they are made longer so they cover my belly and fit around it snug but look cute i think and my pants i've only had to loops a hair bow through the button holes. what's YOUR opinion on pregnant women wearing form fitting clothes instead of tent maternity tops like they used to back in the 80s with the huge bows and flowers haha. because recently i've got some very nasty stares from older people [which i can understand & almost expect since pregnancy was suppose to be hidden in their day] and even other moms sometimes [which i don't get]. i know i may look young but i'm not [i'm 25 & married] and my belly really isn't that big. some days i just look fat. however the other day in walmart i saw a girl checking out with short booty shorts on, her butt cheeks practically hanging out and a VERY tight shirt that her belly was hanging out of & she was huuuuge. now that was just a bit much. but if you saw me out wearing this what would you think? do you think it's cute for preggos to wear form fitting or did YOU wear them or the huge tents?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmberDR
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:18 PM

I loved wearing stuff like that when i was pregnant. I think it's adorable!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
momma2-3boys
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Form fitting clothes on pregnant woman are JUST fine in my books.  Flaunt that belly momma!

You are beautiful!

Brandie_xo
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:19 PM

i wear clothes that show off my bump. i LOVE my bump. period :)

Now, i cant stand it when pregnant women wear shirts that their bellys hang out the bottom. that just irritates me.

toddler girlKailyn- January 15th 2008storkBaby GIRL#2 Due Oct. 19

pregnancy

IrishCuties215
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I think you look beautiful! there is nothing wrong with it in my opinion! Form fitting clothes are fine but i do have an issue with women who show too much bely when pregnat.. i just hink its in bad taste.. but thats just my opinion.. But you look great!

BTW! How did you do that pic with your Eyes blue and the reat black and white?? i have been trying to figure that out 4ever!!!

mommy
Fit_Momma_Of_2

Thats how I dressed during both my pregnancies. Who cares what ppl think,if your comfortable thats all that matters. Also keep in mind old people are just plain grouchy,they get mad if a fly goes by lol you look cute!  How far along are you?

Tanya.LPM. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
mommy2be1121

I think form fitting clothes are adorable! Why would you wanna hide that beautiful belly!

SxyPanamami83

aint nada wrong with wearing form fitting clothes, if someone has a problem tell them to kiss your ass

elleinad

Boo to tents. I wore stuff from American Apparel. It all showed off my belly.

"...Only the doing of justice is a good enough excuse to be born."

JenieceMojica
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:21 PM

agreed!!!!!

Quoting momma2-3boys:

Form fitting clothes on pregnant woman are JUST fine in my books.  Flaunt that belly momma!

You are beautiful!

Photobucket

Jennifer_236
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:22 PM

I'm almost 8 months along and this will be my second the first time I had some baggy cloths and this time I wear cloths that fit my tummy and body now I just love how they look

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)