Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where is Shianna and shayla aston's justice?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:36 PM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: How outragged are you that he has yet to have charges pressed against him?

Options:

Not that big of a deal

Kinda

Extremly

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 10

View Results

I am upset about the man that ran over the girls.  below are the charges he has had over the last few years.  They still have not charged him with anything.  They haven't even arrested him yet.  Is anyone else just outragged that this even happened?

this is the charges that he has had on him

No charges filed

As family members wait for Shianna’s condition to improve, no new information has been released about possible charges against the driver, 56-year-old Leroy Hoover.

A story in Friday’s Tribune reported that Hoover’s driving history included at least three other accidents, including incidents where he backed over a 13-year-old boy and left the scene of another accident.

Today, Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicle spokesman Dennis Rosebrough said Hoover’s driving record includes three suspensions that were not revealed in the Tribune’s public records request from the BMV, including two for driving without insurance in 2000 and 1988.

In 1986 — after yet another incident — Hoover’s driving license was suspended for eight months after he was found guilty of leaving the scene of an accident.

A Tribune article from August of that year reported Hoover suffered cuts to the head after his car smashed into a pole on Mishawaka Avenue near Logan Street about 12:40 a.m. A cab driver witnessed the accident and called police after Hoover left the scene. When found and questioned by police, Hoover reportedly said he did not remember hitting the pole.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Shaynas_Mommy
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I'm sorry, but I can't read when something is typed in all caps. It's too hard on the eyes, especially with it being as long as it is. 

Kays_Mama06
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:59 PM

How about admitting him to a mental facility? He doesn't seem right in the head if he can't remember he hit something or someone.  

Oh yeah.. And your poll is a little slanted to one side.. Not everyone is going to think he needs to die like you do.

epoh
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Quoting Shaynas_Mommy:

I'm sorry, but I can't read when something is typed in all caps. It's too hard on the eyes, especially with it being as long as it is. 

agreed

The world is absurd, and beautiful, and small.

Kays_Mama06
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Quoting Shaynas_Mommy:

Yeah definitely.. It took me a while to read it all... And why did i just notice your AquaNet? LMAO!

Brooke1212
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:03 PM

OMG... did the other little girl die too? This is too sad! ='(

Shaynas_Mommy
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Lol, I've been using that siggy for a while now.

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Quoting Shaynas_Mommy:

Yeah definitely.. It took me a while to read it all... And why did i just notice your AquaNet? LMAO!

amanda_brayman
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:05 PM

no she is in hospice house but she still hasn't been responsive but she has still been taken from her mother.  Her mommy can't take her to the zoo, or even talk to her and hear her laugh or see her smile.

Mina2904
by on Jun. 13, 2009 at 3:21 AM

Apparently little Shayla and Shianna aren't the only kids that this jerk has run over. I read through their local news website and apparently this guy has had FOUR accidents before he carelessly hurt those girls.

• BMV records show Hoover's license was suspended for leaving the scene of an accident in 1986. He was also suspended for not having insurance.
  • A 1996 South Bend Tribune article says Mishawaka police reported Hoover hit a 13-year-old boy near Carlton and Delaware Streets. The article says Hoover had a seizure while backing out of a driveway and lost control of his van.
  • Another Tribune article from 1999 says Hoover was hurt when he drove over a curb and hit a telephone pole on 12th Street in Mishawaka. BMV records show Hoover was suspended for 90 days for driving without insurance when it happened.
  • Police records show a fourth accident in 2005 — when Hoover allegedly backed into a gas pump at the Speedway on Lincoln Way West in Mishawaka, and left the scene.
    Logan_Bellasmom
    by Falling Starr on Jun. 13, 2009 at 3:33 AM

Did he has a licence at the time of the accident? What was the cause of the accident?

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)