• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need reassurance!

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:46 PM
  • 4 Replies

My 9 month old son has the most gorgeous smile and is quite the flirt already!  This morning he pulled up on our bed (he is cruising and close to walking) and he fell down as he fell he hit his mouth on the bed railing- not exactly sure if he hit his teeth straight up or "skimmed" the front of them but he gum is torn and horribly bruised!  I don't think his tooth is loose but he won't let me in.  I finally got it to quit bleeding, I called the emergency number for my dd's pediatric dentist and they are out of town but assistant said if damage was done not much can be done now.  Told me to call Tuesday morning (holiday) and come in to let dentist see.  I am so distraught- I know it was accident and I cannot do anything now just wait to see what dentist says Tuesday but I could use some reassurance- what if he Killed the tooth?  He has YEARS before those teeth are supposed to come out....... too some this would probably seem silly but I am crushed.....

by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
dragonfly80608
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:46 PM

BUMP

Kristen5476
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:49 PM

My son's 9 months old too.  If it were me, I'd be at MedCheck NOW!  I wait forever to take myself to the doc, but even a cough with my son sends us to MedCheck because I'm overprotective and neurotic about the people I love!

dragonfly80608
by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I assume Med Check is like a walk in?  I would agree but I do realize they can't do anything for him and the assistant is right if he damaged it nothing will undo it it will be a matter of wait and see.  I was just hoping someone would say their child hurt the tooth but everything turned out fine, yada yada yada...................................................

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on May. 24, 2009 at 4:08 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Children's Health Issues

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)