Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE: I am only human... Am I wrong for feeling this way.

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:55 PM
  • 7 Replies

Read my Journals on my home page for the entire story...

Summary:

My husband had been in Ohio for over 6months. He left my 3 children and I when he lost his job, now he reside with his mother.

Our house went under and I had to think on my feet fast to support my children.

I filed for a divorce yet, he do not want to sign the papers.. Therefore, I am going to work around him.

My children and I are doing fine. We reside in an apartment and living average ( it's not what we are used too but we are blessed we have a roof over our heads).

I am still in Medical School, working part time and always tired as heck.. Yet, I make sure I make time my kids by taking them to the park or going out on an outing.

It's hard but I am doing what I have to do for my children...

Ladies, Would it be wrong or selfish of me if I made time for myself and maybe date every onces in awhile?

Again, if you want to read the whole story... Stop by my home page  and feel free to read my journals.

UPDATE

Ladies, I thank you all for taking the time out to read my post. I also thank you all for making suggestion. They helped out a lot!

Well Ladies, I took a break for "ME" time this weekend. I went to a festival at the park and listened to classical jazz live. It was awesome! I felt so relaxed listening to the smooth jazz.

In the mean time..I haven't spoke to my husband in a while. Because I needed a piece of mind. He call and text me all times of the night.  He had the nerve to ask me do I still want him to send me some money.. I didn't respond at all to either of his text messages nor calls. I felt like I didn't have to respond to his text messages. Reason for: He know I need help with our children.

I know we do not suppose to question God.. I did yesterday because my husband sent me a text saying " I took the job in New York.. They going to pay me a nice salary, also they are going to pay for my gas, food, and housing.. Not to mention they letting him stay in a house on the property which has 3 bedroom and 2 baths. He said he is not coming back to GA because he is not  strong enough.

Ladies, after I read the text messages I cried and cried. I asked God why are you blessing him and he left his family? Why is he getting everything his heart desire and I am struggle with 3 kids.. I am not angrywith God but I don't understand how he is getting blessed knowing I need those blessing.

It seems like when a person live for God.. Hell always come none stop.. But when a person does wrong it seems like blessings always come their way.

I am here struggle everyday! I do not have enough money for pampers, gas, or the utilities bills. I am flat out broke... He has gotten his check. Yet, he haven't sent us nothing.

Last week I put him on Child Supprt.. Because I cant go on thinking he will come around..

He feels like he is a single man.. He thinks he has no responsibilities..

Sometimes I feel like giving up because it is to much for me to bare.. I try to be strong for my children.. Everyday its something else, or more bad news..... Every day I think how am I going to get through the day.. How will I pay this or that..

Yet, my husband is living stress free..

I just don't understand ladies...

I am drain and tired...

Elizabeth..

by on May. 24, 2009 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lvnmylif
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:02 PM

You need to file for divorce.  It's a good thing he is getting a decent job the more he makes the more he is going to pay in child support.  He doesn't have to cooperate with you for you to be granted a divorce, child custody and child support.  He has made his intentions toward you very clear by abandoning his family.  He can make any whinny ridiculous excuse he wants to.  In the end the court will award you not just child support but back child support from the day he left you.  He is only going to be off living the good life with no responsibilities for as long as your let him get away with it.  He may not be forced to see his children but he will be forced to be responsible for them.  I would suggest that you hold off any sort of relationship until you get your feelings worked out.  Not just your good feelings but your bad ones too.  You don't want to go into a new relationship treating a new partner badly because you haven't resolved the hurt you have over this relationship.  Sorry he is such a jack ass.  In the end you will be better off without such a weak selfish person in your life.  your kids will probably benefit from counseling at some point though.

3armycuties
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Oh momma, you are amazing! I can't imagine what your going through but your one tough woman! Just remember that he might seem like he's living the life but he's missing out on so much more. Stay strong and things will come around! Again, you are an amazing and strong momma! You're being the best role model ever to your children!

cjsmom0206
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:15 PM

I'm not going to read your post right now, but I have a few friends that are in similar situations. No, I do not think it would be wrong to take time for yourself, even going on a date here and there. You absolutely deserve to treat yourself to that.

nahlieksmommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Romans 20-24

20 No, don’t say that. Who are you, a mere human being, to argue with God? Should the thing that was created say to the one who created it, “Why have you made me like this?” 21 When a potter makes jars out of clay, doesn’t he have a right to use the same lump of clay to make one jar for decoration and another to throw garbage into? 22 In the same way, even though God has the right to show his anger and his power, he is very patient with those on whom his anger falls, who are destined for destruction. 23 He does this to make the riches of his glory shine even brighter on those to whom he shows mercy, who were prepared in advance for glory.

Jaclynx3
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:45 PM

huh? is that an analogy to people-some are worth and some arent?

to op -I will never figure out why a miracle deserves the praises of "god"  but something terrible is labeled as "free will"

Quoting nahlieksmommy:

Romans 20-24

20 No, don’t say that. Who are you, a mere human being, to argue with God? Should the thing that was created say to the one who created it, “Why have you made me like this?” 21 When a potter makes jars out of clay, doesn’t he have a right to use the same lump of clay to make one jar for decoration and another to throw garbage into? 22 In the same way, even though God has the right to show his anger and his power, he is very patient with those on whom his anger falls, who are destined for destruction. 23 He does this to make the riches of his glory shine even brighter on those to whom he shows mercy, who were prepared in advance for glory.

Madison                         Makaylyn                Jordan

nahlieksmommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:00 PM

no actually its saying not to question God's plan... jus take what he does with a grain of salt you never know what blessings he has in store for you. Sometimes you just have to wait out the storm in order to recieve that which is waiting for you... 

Quoting Jaclynx3:

huh? is that an analogy to people-some are worth and some arent?

to op -I will never figure out why a miracle deserves the praises of "god"  but something terrible is labeled as "free will"

Quoting nahlieksmommy:

Romans 20-24

Sharon300
by Sharon on May. 24, 2009 at 3:08 PM

You sound to me like you are a vert strong person. I know it is hard. God does not give you anything he dont think you can handle. Believe me you will make it thru this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)