• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this teething or should I be worried? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

My 8mo DD has been really hoarse yesterday and today.... so bad she can barely cry.... she's been coughing a lot too.... she's restless irritable and really fussy.... the kid hardly ever cries normally.... she doesn't have a fever but her forehead is really cool to the touch.... I have to leave for work before long and I want to know what to tell DF to do....

Oh and Motrin and Tylenol aren't helping and neither are teething tablets and orajel.... she's also not eating like normal

by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Fit_Momma_Of_2
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Sounds like the flu to me. My son had it recently & thats how he acted. I'd go get her checked out,also use a humidifier in her room to help her breath.

girls.gif stripper image by Joo_baby_08words.gif quotes image by bbais31

StarsChildren
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I'd say thats not teething, although every child is different. Probably a cold, imo.

celticreverie
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:30 PM

call the doctor. motrin and tylenol wont help with a cold, if that's what it is. It's for fever and pain relief. If she's not in pain, nor has a fever, they wont do anything...

I would call and see what they say. It could be a cold, and then it just needs to run it's course.

Is she stuffy at all? Her nose clogged/runny?

singlemama20
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:37 PM

I have a vaorizer in there,,,, I don;t have a humidifier and I don;t have the money to buy it....

Quoting Fit_Momma_Of_2:

Sounds like the flu to me. My son had it recently & thats how he acted. I'd go get her checked out,also use a humidifier in her room to help her breath.

singlemama20
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:38 PM

She's not stuffy or snotty and she isn;t having a hard time breathing at all

Quoting celticreverie:

call the doctor. motrin and tylenol wont help with a cold, if that's what it is. It's for fever and pain relief. If she's not in pain, nor has a fever, they wont do anything...

I would call and see what they say. It could be a cold, and then it just needs to run it's course.

Is she stuffy at all? Her nose clogged/runny?

Lisabrenner
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:47 PM

i agree....probably just a cold

keep an eye out for fever though...hope she feels better soon

Quoting StarsChildren:

I'd say thats not teething, although every child is different. Probably a cold, imo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)