Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone receive cash assistance?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:43 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have never had it but we are on food stamps now because DH lost his job. Just wondering how much you get if it would be enough to keep up the home. He has unemployment checks now so we can't apply yet.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Billie_Bush
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:45 PM

dont know sorry

bump

marilyn623
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 2:46 PM

we didn't qualify because df was on unemployment but if we did we would have got about 500 a month. but we get 460 a month in food stamps. so it kinda evens out. we would have spent all that money on food lol

Mommy2Munchkins
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:48 PM

NO, it is NOT enough to upkeep the home. I was on it once, when I had just had a baby and DH and I split. Leaving me homeless, jobless with a 5 yr old and a 3 week old. All I got was about $280 a mth cash, on top of FS. You can chose the option of monthly assistance and this way the kids will get Medicaid, or you can chose a $1000 payment (once) and the kids can't get Medicaid. It is meant to supplement, not depend on.

dreamerinluv
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Sorry dont know about cash assistance...I only apply for medical....but since were on the subject I have always wondered.....Is it true that if you are on cash assistance(welfare) you have to pay it back? Ive also heard someone say they tax your kids for it in the future....is this true??

bouncing momkissing dad

reesemom
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:52 PM

I guess I just worry too much, it is hard to find jobs where we live and we have no family that is able to back us up.

ChaoticX4
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:54 PM

We have had food stamps and still have Medicaid. We dont get money exceot for the SSI my 2 boys get and thats because they have disabilities. We may be getting back on Food stamps when my hubby comes home because he was injured in basic training.

Go to fullsize image         Go to fullsize image     Albino = A PERSON with ALBINISM. Put the person before the condition!!                                                          

tretresmom
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:54 PM

No it is nowhere near enough I get $830 a month for me and 4 kids and my rent alnmoe is $675 

honey27
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2009 at 6:08 PM

yes. but usually through the childs father through their tax return, if they owe child support.

Quoting dreamerinluv:

Sorry dont know about cash assistance...I only apply for medical....but since were on the subject I have always wondered.....Is it true that if you are on cash assistance(welfare) you have to pay it back? Ive also heard someone say they tax your kids for it in the future....is this true??

MELISSA
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)