• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Engagement pictures?!?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:51 PM
  • 14 Replies

DF and I are going to get our engagement pictures done in 3 weeks.  Our engagement pictures will actually double as our invitations (here is the website to what the invites look like...www.inspiredimagesbymandy.com.  So anyway what the heck do I wear for them?  I'm thinking a dress, and found one at Victoria Secret's that I really liked.  But it is expensive!  My DF is telling me to go ahead with the expensive dress, but honestly it makes me feel guilty.  I normally buy my clothes at Target!  Does anyone know where I can find a pretty engagement dress that won't break the bank?  TIA!

by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
azn_ladie82
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:55 PM

I didn't know they had engagement dresses..lol. I just wore something out of my closet and my husband wore his Class A's..lol

Are you a proud preemie mom of a NICUGRADUATE? Click on my NICU blinkie to meet other moms of preemies just like you.

macysmama1206
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:57 PM

lol I don't think they have engagement dresses.  I just want something nice and classy.  These are going out to everyone as our invites.  But I don't want to spend a million dollars on it. 

Quoting azn_ladie82:

I didn't know they had engagement dresses..lol. I just wore something out of my closet and my husband wore his Class A's..lol

bluesky51201
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:59 PM

It really depends on your style, could you post a pic of the dress so we have something to go off of?  I wore my Easter dress for ours.  It was pale yellow with a straight skirt and a split shell over top.  It's hard to explain.  My DH wore khakis and a button down shirt.

Bets85
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I just wore something from the closet. My BFF actually took the pictures too. Plain n simple. I edited the pictures and then went to wal-mart and got the invitation paper and printed them myself........ saved us TONS of money!

macysmama1206
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Well here is the link, apparently it didn't want to post here,   I'm absolutely in love with it, but it is 70 dollars and I'm convinced I could find something similar for cheaper. https://www.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?prnbr=CP-210470&cgname=

Quoting bluesky51201:

It really depends on your style, could you post a pic of the dress so we have something to go off of?  I wore my Easter dress for ours.  It was pale yellow with a straight skirt and a split shell over top.  It's hard to explain.  My DH wore khakis and a button down shirt.

mommysasha1988
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Target has some GORGEOUS dresses.  Maybe look at Wet Seal, JC Penney, Rue 21, Vanity, not sure what you have in your area.  Check online, Old Navy might.  Why does it have to be a fancy dress?  Why can't it be plain?  Most of the invites on the website have people wearing jeans & a t-shirt.  I would much rather have an invitation that has the normal you than you all dressed up, JMO.

I'm a non-married, epidural birthing, breast-milk bottle feeding, co-sleeping, delayed vaccinating, non-circumsizing, cloth diapering kinda mom.  I will stay at home, rear-face, public school, and spank if necessary.  I'm pro-choice, democratic, athiest, and all for world peace.  I support gay rights, I'm not racist, & I believe we were all created equal.  My son is my life, he makes my heart melt.  So, now that we got that outta the way...it's nice to meet you!
"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born." -Rajneesh
Trying to lose weight?  Already lost it?
Come join
Moms Helping Moms Lose Weight.

macysmama1206
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:06 PM

We are actually getting the pictures for free.  The photographer has photographed our family many times in the past and is doing our engagement pictures and my boudoir photos for free.  All in all the pictures will end up costing us under 90 dollars for about 150 of them.  Pretty good deal. 

Quoting Bets85:

I just wore something from the closet. My BFF actually took the pictures too. Plain n simple. I edited the pictures and then went to wal-mart and got the invitation paper and printed them myself........ saved us TONS of money!

mommysasha1988
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Not as tight...

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=15292&vid=1&pid=672398&scid=672398012

I looked at Target's website...they have A LOT of cute ones...I can't post them all.

Quoting macysmama1206:

Well here is the link, apparently it didn't want to post here,   I'm absolutely in love with it, but it is 70 dollars and I'm convinced I could find something similar for cheaper. https://www.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?prnbr=CP-210470&cgname=

Quoting bluesky51201:

I'm a non-married, epidural birthing, breast-milk bottle feeding, co-sleeping, delayed vaccinating, non-circumsizing, cloth diapering kinda mom.  I will stay at home, rear-face, public school, and spank if necessary.  I'm pro-choice, democratic, athiest, and all for world peace.  I support gay rights, I'm not racist, & I believe we were all created equal.  My son is my life, he makes my heart melt.  So, now that we got that outta the way...it's nice to meet you!
"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born." -Rajneesh
Trying to lose weight?  Already lost it?
Come join
Moms Helping Moms Lose Weight.

macysmama1206
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:08 PM

It isn't at all a fancy dress.  It is very simple and plain.  It is a plain white cap sleeve about mid thigh dress.  I'm not a jeans and a t-shirt girl, even on a day to day basis. 

Quoting mommysasha1988:

Target has some GORGEOUS dresses.  Maybe look at Wet Seal, JC Penney, Rue 21, Vanity, not sure what you have in your area.  Check online, Old Navy might.  Why does it have to be a fancy dress?  Why can't it be plain?  Most of the invites on the website have people wearing jeans & a t-shirt.  I would much rather have an invitation that has the normal you than you all dressed up, JMO.

macysmama1206
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:10 PM

That one is cute, I looked at Old Navy earlier and didn't see it.  Target's website I haven't tried yet.  Thanks!

Quoting mommysasha1988:

Not as tight...

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=15292&vid=1&pid=672398&scid=672398012

I looked at Target's website...they have A LOT of cute ones...I can't post them all.

Quoting macysmama1206:

Quoting bluesky51201:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)