Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Venting.. getting kicked while I'm down

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:58 PM
  • 7 Replies

Okay, do I have a right to be upset, or should I just suck it up and deal with it.????

A little bit of background: I left my sons father about two weeks ago. He was very abusive. I was a stay at home mom, I have finally found a job, but I'm being trained right now and won't get paid until training is over (6 weeks), I have an interview for another job on Tuesday, so hopefully I will have two jobs but right now, I have nothing. I am broke, living with my parents, no money, no car, nothing! All I have is my sons toys, bedroom furniture and clothing and I have most of my clothes... That is it!

My little brother just turned 18 and got his licsense, and he has a job lined up with my brother in law but he "has" to have a car in order to get the job (in other words he doesn't want to take an hour bus ride to and from each day).

I need a car as well and I'm working towards it, but in the meantime I am bussing it, for job training, job searching, my sons doctors appointment, which is not safe taking him on the bus, no carseat, no seat belts and it a two hour ride there and a two hour ride back... I mean it really sucks but I gotta do what I gotta do.

So my sister has a car, that is in my name. She got a 125 dollar parking ticket in my name that she has yet to pay off and I cannot get my temps or anything until it's paid. Plus she owes me 165 dollars. She wanted to take this car to the junk yard and get 200 for it and pay off my fine, so she'd end up with 75 dollars. I told her that I'd pay off the fine myself and I'd give her 75 for it and let her forget about the 165 she owes me.. she said no. This car needs work, the elctrical system is messed up but my other brother is a mechanic that said he will fix it for me if I buy the parts. After looking at it he said it'd cost me maybe 100-150 bucks.. that's not too bad. It doesn't look good but with a new elctrical system it will get me from point a to point b.. But my sister said no they were going to try to get it fixed .. Okay whatever then.. just make sure you pay off my fine...

The other night my sister was drinking and she basically said in not so many words that our younger brother is her favorite, always has been and always will be. IDK screw you too is how I felt about it.. I bit my toung and left it alone. Ive done so much for her..

Yesterday she came over and my little brother asked if she was selling the car.. and she said no. Then her husband calls him and says if he gets it fixed and pays off my fine that he can HAVE the car so he can get this job...

WTF? So I'm a little more than pissed and I told them that I am not giving him the plates to drive it under my name, and I'm not signing it out of my name unless the fine is payed. I am not getting screwed over again!!! So now everyone is pissed at me. I just got out of an abusive relationship, I have nothing!!! Nothing at all! My brother has a job, and more than enough money to buy a nice car, and they continuously help him out, and only come running to me when they need something... I've never once asked anyone to help me accept asking my parents to let me stay here for a while. Now I need help!!! I have nothing! I can take the bus, but it's unsafe for my son to be on the bus.. I can accept that they wanted to get the car fixed, but why the hell do you need 3 cars.. let me use it even for a while until I can get one of my own, even just a few months...

Am I being selfish? My mom thinks I'm being selfish.. I don't see how I am.. It's in my name and they got a fine in my name I want it paid off one way or another... So I guess I'm keeping the plates until they do... No one is driving it in my name, when they owe me money, and I am the one that offered to buy it, and they  are just handing it to him...

I don't see how I'm the selfish one here, I support me and my son soley, I am selling my freaking plasma to do so, I pay rent, I pay bills, I offered to buy this car off of them, I have a job maybe another one I'm a full time student in college, I am trying my best to bounce back from this seperation and I feel like my sister and my brother are just kicking me when I'm down...

Sorrry this is so long.. I have too much going on right now and I needed to vent

by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
josmamma823
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:05 PM

I think you have the right to be upset. I would be also. i wouldn't let them keep the car in your name anymore either.

If you need to talk to anyone message me anytime.

myboogiewoogie
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:08 PM

If it's in your name why don't you just take it? 

I am a flower in the garden of awesomeness!

WifeyandMommy89
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:10 PM

I tohught about that and I know my older brother will still fix it for me, but at the same time I'm just thinking that I'm not stable enough right now (mentally and emotionally) to deal with all the drama it will cause, so I've just been keeping all this in... My mom is the only one that knows how trully hurt and pissed I am about this... I mean it is their car even though it's in my name 9that's a long story in and of itself), and I just don't want to fight with them..

Quoting myboogiewoogie:

If it's in your name why don't you just take it? 

dueoctober8
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:17 PM

I agree the car is in your name take it back and screw your sister for trying to take advantage of you, they cant do anything with that car without your permission its your car!! you need it more than anyone right now so please just take it back!

nahlieksmommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Listen the best way to come out on top in this situation is to rise to the top on your own. You've alreadyproventhat you posess surviver tactics by leaving the relationship so now get everything on your own. Hold on to those tags until they pay off the fine; keep working and leave the majority of your focus on your schoolwork, and eventually you'll be able to afford your own car. i say these things to you from experience. They don't want you to have the car so you shouldn't want it anything you have always feels better when you work hard for it. Screw that car... I had to ride the bus with my infant too in faact I'm still on the bus and my son is 7 mainly because to me a car is nothing but another bill outside of what little convience it offers.Go get yours it will all pay off in the end!!!

DazeDelights
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:58 PM

This sounds unreal. I don't understand how famlies do this to each other but they do. Your best bet is to have them pay off the ticket like you stated. Do as you plan on and not switch the title until then. Keep working towards getting your own car. Don't let them bring you down. You are a strong woman so this too you can handle.Good Luck

stormcris
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:03 PM

If the car and plates are in your name you might be able to reposses it. Pay the fine and drive the car as soon as you can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)