Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

end of year gifts???

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:43 PM
  • 3 Replies
My daughters last day of preschool is coming up and I am having trouble finding a gift for the teacher.  I need something special because this teacher is not only a great teacher, but very attatched to our daughter and her and her husband are friends of the family.  My daughter is one of 7 kids in class and it is an in-home preschool  The teacher has been doing this now for 26 yrs and plans on retiring in 1 or 2 more years.  I didnt just want to give her a "thank you card with a gift card in it...i really wanted something more special...any ideas? what are you giving your kids' preschool teachers for end of the year gifts.....or aren't you...maybe i'm thinking too much into it.
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
smileolot
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:00 PM

The most special part will be a Thank you note from the Heart! I would have your daughter draw a picture  and attach it to the Thank you note!

You could give her a big flower pot with your daughters hand prints on it. Have the pot read Mrs. ------------ the best preschool teacher 2009 hands down!

Or a gc to her favorite store, target, a nice piece of jewerly,  wooden plaque, ect.

Good teachers are hard to find, and exceptional teacher is almost hard to find. You are lucky!

All the hugs to the educators!

imamombygrace
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I had this same dilemma with dd's teacher this year.  Her teacher holds a very special place in our hearts too.  So I wanted something really special and I didn't have lot to spend.

While at the dollar tree one day a couple of weeks ago they had teacher appreciation items set up.  There were some cute stationary, note cards, and other sets there that had the quote "Teachers plant seeds that grow" on them.  I bought all the different kinds with a really beautiful gift bag.  I then went home and had dd make her a thank you card.  I also bought a picture frame with an apple on it and put dd's picture in it.  I then sat down and wrote her a letter of thanks.  It wasn't a card...it was a letter full of my thoughts and telling her how special she was to our family.  DD has overcome a lot of issues in her two short months there and I honestly don't think it would have been possible without her dear teacher.  I then sent everything to school with DD and taped the bag shut.  She wanted to give the gift herself.

Well, that afternoon I went in to pick dd up Vs. using the car pool lane.  They were on the playground playing and when her teacher seen me she came running up to me..she gave me the biggest hug.  She started to cry a little then and thanked me for the gift.  She said that when she opened the gift and read Lilly's card..then my letter..she started crying.  The children started to ask if she was okay and she said they were happy tears.  That our letter is what makes her feel so good about teaching.

Her teacher was so sweet...she made dd a scrapbook for her two months in preschool and then at the end..she included a photo of her, dd, and our gift...she did a thank you scrap page.  It was so beautiful and sweet.  I had mentioned to her I would love a picture of the two of them together for her baby book.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on May. 24, 2009 at 4:15 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)