• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Father poisons his Kids' soup...

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:57 PM
  • 9 Replies

JONESBORO, Ga. -- A Georgia man was sentenced to 100 years in prison for poisoning his two children to extort money from Campbell's Soup Co.

William Cunningham was sentenced Thursday after a jury found him guilty of seven counts of aggravated assault.

Cunningham was indicted in July 2006 on tampering and fraud charges in federal court and was also charged with child cruelty in Clayton County. The girl and boy, then 18 months old and 3 years old, were hospitalized after Cunningham fed them soup tainted with prescription drugs and lighter fluid.

On one occasion, authorities said he used the prescription drugs Prozac and Amitriptyline -- both used to treat depression -- to poison the children.

Cunningham was arrested in March 2006. According to prosecutors, the former dump truck driver called Campbell's in January 2006 and threatened to sue the company because its soup was contaminated.

Authorities said there was no evidence the soup was tainted when it was purchased. A family member said the youngsters may suffer lifelong respiratory problems after swallowing the poisoned soup.

The children's mother, Rhonda Cunningham, filed for divorce during the case.

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 24, 2009 at 3:59 PM

People are so effin sick these days!!  I don't get how anyone in their right mind can hurt their own child!!  And to sit there and try to get money from these people as if it's their fault.  What a dumbass!!

tajmogirl
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:02 PM

What the hell is wrong with people these days! GOD!

FiveJobWonder
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

People are so effin sick these days!!  I don't get how anyone in their right mind can hurt their own child!!  And to sit there and try to get money from these people as if it's their fault.  What a dumbass!!

No doubt. Plus he used HIS prescriptions to do it. Wonder if they could trace that back to him? What a moron.

ConnorsMom12406
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Thats messed up. The worse part is that it is right down the road. I know some of the Cunninghams in that area. That is so retarded how someone can do that!

shecallsmemom04
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:07 PM

i'm actually kinda speechless....... 

FiveJobWonder
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Quoting ConnorsMom12406:

Thats messed up. The worse part is that it is right down the road. I know some of the Cunninghams in that area. That is so retarded how someone can do that!

had you heard about this on your local news?

diane08502
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:28 PM

We should put this guy in a jail cell with Casey Anthony, Drew Peterson, Melissa Huckabee, and John Huey (killed Jessica Lundsford) and that Mom in Oregon who threw her two kids off the bridge and drowned the 4 year old boy, and let them all make each other disappear!!  What a bunch of sickooooos! 

dianelanglamorticella@yahoo.com
lovemy2boyz08
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:30 PM

That is just disturbing. Poor kids.

ConnorsMom12406
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Actually yea.. I saw his ugly face too... Goofy looking guy. He looked familiar which annoyed me.

Quoting FiveJobWonder:

Quoting ConnorsMom12406:

had you heard about this on your local news?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)