• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

punishment

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:11 PM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: how would you punish your child for stealing

Options:

ground for a long while

take stuff away

take stuff away and ground

warm the tail feathers

other...please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 22

View Results

if your kids stole, how would you punish them......doesnt matter the age. I know you would go easy on them if younger, but how would you handle it?

Please bump

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cowboygal
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 4:13 PM

My kids took candy from the store a few months ago. I made them go back in and return it and say sorry.  They were three and 5. They are never too little to learn.

This signature is very tall. Try to keep it shorter than this green section.
peytonsmommy44
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Peyton isn't that age yet, but I chose grounding and taking stuff away. I swat her tushy now, but it really just scares her, I doubt I will whoop when she is old enough to KNOW that she is doing something wrong when stealing.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I'll figure that out if I ever need to, but I'm pretty sure I won't have to.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

ConnorsMom12406
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Scare tatic seems to work in that situation. Find the nearest cop or security guard. My husbands brother stole some gum as a kid got out to the car and their dad saw it. Made them walk all the way back inside and return it to a security guard who scared the piss out of them and well, he never did it again. Now he is a successful business owner at the age of 25. :-) It also taught my husband who was with them not to steal again. They were both really young.

ilovemyson2002
by mom of 2 boys on May. 24, 2009 at 4:14 PM

my sister son stole something from school n she called the cops on his and they put in handcuff and sat him in a cop call to  scare him and he has nt took nonething again

moorhead2
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:17 PM

that is what I would do :P

Quoting ConnorsMom12406:

Scare tatic seems to work in that situation. Find the nearest cop or security guard. My husbands brother stole some gum as a kid got out to the car and their dad saw it. Made them walk all the way back inside and return it to a security guard who scared the piss out of them and well, he never did it again. Now he is a successful business owner at the age of 25. :-) It also taught my husband who was with them not to steal again. They were both really young.

moorhead2
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:28 PM

bump!!

Sirenabella
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:30 PM

I don't know. It is something that I would have to decide if it actually happened.

savedbygrace316
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:30 PM

I'd make them take the item back to the store and admit what they had done.  Then ask the store manager to have them stand in front of the store with a sign saying something like "I stole XXX from here and this is my punishment."  If they stole from me I'd do the same thing with a T-shirt and yard work or community service.

CafeMom Tickers
myboogiewoogie
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:35 PM

When my dd was 6 she saw some highlighters at Claires that she wanted.  i told her no.  Well later on I saw that she had them.  I took her back to the store, made her apologize for stealing and pay for them.  Then she had to give them to the cashier to use. She was very upset and embarrassed, but she hasn't stolen since.

I am a flower in the garden of awesomeness!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)