Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much would you help your kids if they were a teen parent?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:17 PM
  • 99 Replies

Okay my other post got me thinking of this question.

If your daughter got pregnant or your son got his girlfriend pregnant (god forbid) how much would you help out? Would you buy clothes, provide daycare, pay for extras like pictures? Or would you only provide for your kids & make them provide for theirs?

I'm on the fence about how I would be, & hoping I never have to find out. I was a teen mom & my parents helped me out. I did get a job but i only had to buy the kids clothes. I think as long as I was able to, I wouldn't make my kids have an job but make them work around the house. That is as long as they were in school & making good grades.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennifer_236
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:19 PM

I would help my son out

Fit_Momma_Of_2
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I would only help out with advice. It's thier responsibilty and if they were mature enough to have sex,then they better be mature enough to raise that child.  That means getting a job,providing daycare, etc etc...JMHO

girls.gif stripper image by Joo_baby_08words.gif quotes image by bbais31

savedbygrace316
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I would pay for the extras like pictures, toys some clothes because hey it's my grand baby I'm still gonna spoil it.  I would babysit as long as it was because my child is at work.  And I sure as hell would make sure my son was doing his fair share if he got a girl pregnant.

CafeMom Tickers
sunshine21pa
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I would help out as much as I could. I hope I'll never be in this situation though... 

savedbygrace316

I agree but what if they're not?  Should the child be punished or would you step in at that point?  Not bashing just wondering.  Hopefully none of us will ever have to worry about this.

Quoting Fit_Momma_Of_2:

I would only help out with advice. It's thier responsibilty and if they were mature enough to have sex,then they better be mature enough to raise that child. JMHO

CafeMom Tickers
smileolot

I Don't know what I would do. I pray to God I never have to make a choice. My mom scared the Hell out of me. I knew better.. I did not get married till I was 25 and had a babies at 28!

More than likely I would help my kiddos but I would never tell them that. First I will scare them like my mom did!

SkysMom3808
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:23 PM

As parents I think its our job to support our kids as much as we possibly can. Not saying I would take over and raise a child for my son, but if this happened and it was proven to be his, then I would do everything I could for him.  JMO

twiceamommy2007

I would help, most definitely. but i would not support them 100% financially. they could live with me but would have to work, provide their own daycare and be responsible. but i would be there for them through anything and offer any help i can provide and give advice.

Charla74

I hope to never be in this situation.. but, if I were weather it was my daughter prego or my son getting someone prego I would help out as much as I could... Daycare, clothes, a place to live.. I would help with everything.

k_hall1784

It would help out as much as I could. Even if my child was lazy when it came to takng care of their baby,  I would still help. That baby deserves to be taken care of well, regardless of how they came into this world.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)