Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom got Tasered!

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:32 PM
  • 15 Replies

So I know its wrong to find it ammusing but my mom whom I don't really get along w/ got tased 4 times and recieved a DUI. Now from her story she bumped a womans car and tried trading information w/ the women since she has full coverage any how and admits it was her fault but the women freaks out and tells her she's calling the cops.  The cops get there and I guess my mom freaked out and started hyperventalating (sp?). She's asthmatic and will throw herself in an attack if she can't calm her self down so she told them she needed to just see bob her bf because she knows he can help her control her breathing. They called an ambulance and refused to let her see or speak w/ him.  The ambulance gets there and starts taking her to the hospital.

On the way to the hospital as she is still having trouble breathing but unbuckled and sat herself up asking for Bob.  She very well could have been yelling but of course she deny's it.  Anywho they stop the ambulance the cop threw open the door and Tased her. Not once not twice but 4 times.  Now as amusing as I find it that my mom got tased I really think they may have got a little Tase happy..    Given the information given what do you ladies think. Excessive or just right?

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ebbierowe
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:35 PM

well I wasn't there but 4 times seems a bit much..

Bryan's High School Sweetheart in love (for 15 years)  

Mommy to Asiateen girl and Roman american football

Tummy Trouble??? http://www.cafemom.com/group/85015

Gavin125
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:36 PM

That cop did not have probable cause at all!  My hubby would NEVER do that in that circumstance.  She should file a complaint for excessive force!

PrOuD_fL_MoMmY
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:39 PM

I could see if she was out of control and being dangerous..but for yelling and sitting upshe got it 4 xs? somethings wrong with that!

Sirenabella
by on May. 24, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Yeah.... tasering a patient in an ambulance is not good, not called for, etc. The cop had no reason to do that. At the very least I would file a complaint.

o0gone0o
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2009 at 6:36 PM

See i was thinking she should atleast go about finding out what the local police dept. policy is on using there taser guns.  I would think unless someone is posing a threat to theirself or to others there is no need for tasering like that.  If they were afraid she would jump out of the ambulance or something then okay handcuff the person and continue on.  If at that point you can't get the handcuffs on or something then I would assume tasering may be needed.

cypris420
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:37 PM

This is her side of the story, right?  No one ever thinks they were doing anything wrong enough to get tased.  Hard to know without knowing the facts.

maybaby08
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:39 PM

exactly.

Quoting cypris420:

This is her side of the story, right?  No one ever thinks they were doing anything wrong enough to get tased.  Hard to know without knowing the facts.

Yes we CAN and Yes we DID!!!!

Photobucket

ForeverMeme
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:40 PM

You only have the info your mom gave you who recieved a DUI also, so I would have to guess she gave the cops plenty of reason to taze her.

myboogiewoogie
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:40 PM

I'm so glad you were amused a bit because honestly just reading the title made me giggle!  I am grinning like a fool reading it! I feel bad for your mom and think that was a bit much.

I am a flower in the garden of awesomeness!

o0gone0o
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2009 at 8:07 PM

I'm not saying she wouldn't have been beligerant but my god slap some cuffs on the women then.   I looked some stuff up and there is an exorbant amount of ppl being tased for honestly no good reason.  Including a teenager that had fallen off a highway bridge and broke his back apparently he wasn't cooperating w/ the officers.    Anywho my point of asking was the if she's already in an ambulance for hyperventalating to the point that they couldn't control her breathing which could then cause an actual asthma attack wouldn't it be a bad thing to tase such a person. I would be afraid to tase someone already struggling to control their breathing. 

Quoting ForeverMeme:

You only have the info your mom gave you who recieved a DUI also, so I would have to guess she gave the cops plenty of reason to taze her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)