• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Desserts?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:24 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm looking for a dessert to make that is kid friendly, and is cool for the hot weather... But we're tired of jello or popsicles... any ideas ladies?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oboe_chik
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Pudding! My kiddos love cholocate pudding.

tretresmom
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Strawberry shortcake

Lovegaia78
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:30 PM

My favorite dessert is strawberry shortcake (on angelfood cake with cool whip). However, I only like it with the local Jewel bakery angelfood cake. Otherwise if you are not health-conscious, you can always make it with real biscuits and ice cream!

Also, going with the pudding idea, you can always take it a step further and make pudding pie!

andreaw03
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:32 PM

three diff colors/flavors of jello made as the box says, cooled and set...then mix that with cool whip, canned fruit (crushed pinapple is good, but drained) and marshmellows!! yummy!!!

MssBlckEyeliner
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Dream Salad:

1 can of eagle brand milk
1 carton Cool Whip
2 cups Mini Marshmellows
2 cups chunked pineapple- drained
2 cups mandarin orange slices- drained
1 cup of nuts

That sounded good to me today... There are also all kinds of versions of this stuff- usually reffered to as Orange fluff salad or Fluff salad, etc.
I use this website called Cooks.com- thats where i found the above recipe :)

lvnmylif
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Strawberry short cake.  I always add a dash of cinnamon and a cap full of vanilla along with the sugar to the cut up strawberries.  You could also make ice cream sandwiches.  They are the best when you make the cookies home made.  Any sort of berry cobbler with vanilla ice cream is a hit here too.

styler7
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Watermelon

SunshineJJ7
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:37 PM

I really want to buy a blender so I can make milkshakes for dessert one day.  Yummmmm. 

baby development

baby
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 24, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Here's a few of my favorites

* Strawberry shortcake as already mentioned

* Fruit smoothies

* Flavored shaved ice (You can may the ice shaver machine from Walmart and they have tons of different flavorings to add!)  My ds looks forward to me pulling this unit of the closet every summer!

* Fruit pizza = buy the refrigerated sugar cookies and line it in a pizza pan.  Top with cream cheese and then fresh fruit!  Yumo!

* Smores

* Ice cream cookies!  Make a batch of cookies and let them cool and then add your favorite ice cream between two cookies and let them set in the freezer and then enjoy!  That was my childhood favorite.

* You could also look into a ice cream maker!  You can create your own one of a kind flavors!  I bought one a few weeks ago and made a candy bar creation using it that had m&ms, snickers and twix in it and it was to die for  :)

* Brownie ice cream sundaes.  I generally make a batch of brownies and throw them in the freezer and as needed I take out a few pop them in the mircowave for a few seconds.  Then add ice cream, hot fudge or any other toppings.  I also like to make candy bar sundaes and just use your favorite toppings and ice cream  :)

Lol I think I better stop..... before I want something sweet!

rkoloms
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Smoothies

Frozen grapes

frozen blueberries

cut fruit with yogurt "dip"

cantaloupe with a squeeze of fresh lime juice

Robin in Chicago

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)