Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I will clean your house for a month if you can potty train my son. He is 2.

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:51 PM
  • 13 Replies

Any takers? LOL.

But seriously, I am desperate. He shows NO interest in potty training. I am expecting a baby in October and want him to use the potty like a big boy!

by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennifer_236
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:52 PM

sure i potty trained my son within a week, My son was also two, what we did was we made a date to potty trained him ours was March 1, 2008 and that was it. we went to walmart and had him pick out what undies he wanted and started from there...every 10-15 minutes we take him in the bathroom for another 10 minutes and just had him sit there. we did nights too. and after 3 days or so he was getting the hang of it you will need alot of undies because there are going to be ( some peeing in his cloths) and now he is 3 1/2 and fulling potty trained. its going to be hard work. Good Luck

CarterMommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:52 PM

LoL send him here! my hubby did an awesome job with my first son when he was 2... well almost 2 1/2... i'm hoping we can get my little one potty trained but he's only 15 months so i'm not pushing too much... but #3 is due in July so it'd be nice :)

FiveJobWonder
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Quoting Jennifer_236:

sure i potty trained my son within a week

How?

Okay here is what we are doing. We take him to the potty every two hours or less and have him sit. But so far, no deposits....

coffeeplease126
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:54 PM

IF he shows no interest he might not be ready.

jmlgb
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:55 PM

If he is not ready do not force it. Boys take longer than girls. My son was almost 4 b/4 he was totally potty trained. 

NINA003
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:56 PM

My dd is 13 mos and i send her to the potty every ten mins whenever possible so we can catch it ya know. She sits there and reads books and likes it when i dance around and sing lol. You have to keep him interested i think at least thats what i have been doin and she is doing really good. She even pooped on the potty the other day. Im not forcing her either she says pee pee and i take her. She is very interested in being trained.

mom2jade
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:56 PM

ill take on it! i hate cleaning

AngelicaRenee
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:57 PM

my son will be 20 months tomorrow and is just about fully potty trained. I used the bare bottom method. I put his little potty chair in the living room, just let him run around in a shirt, and rewarded him when he used the potty. The first two days we had NO accidents, and he took himself to the potty every single time. I didn't have to remind him or anything. And when we went out of the house or he went to sleep, i put him back in a diaper, I know they say not to but we did. And it's been almost 3 weeks, he has not worn a diaper at home since starting this. and only about 10-15 accidents the whole time.

I still put a diaper on him when we go out but have him use the potty before we leave, and as soon as we get home and about 99% of the time he stays dry. We even did a trip to my dad's house the other day with no diaper and no accidents. And today we went to church and he was in the diaper for 3 hours and was dry when I got him from the nursery and took him to the potty!

We are planning more diaper free trips this week.

Oh also, when we get somewhere new, I take him into the bathroom and put him on the potty. Most the time he doesn't have to go but I think it helps him realize that there is a potty there.

AngelicaRenee
by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:59 PM

oh also with my son, I had taken him to the potty first thing in the morning, so I knew he had to go, and that is when he figured out what the potty was for. before then, i tried to train him and he had nothing but accidents.

Quoting FiveJobWonder:

Quoting Jennifer_236:

sure i potty trained my son within a week

How?

Okay here is what we are doing. We take him to the potty every two hours or less and have him sit. But so far, no deposits....

Jennifer_236
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:18 PM

I redid my post of what we did

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)