• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about texas?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:45 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hey texas ladies....i just wanted to know, is it law enforcment , like cops, highway patrol, etc. policies or laws to make the person get out of the car to sign the ticket papers?

I am asking b/c over a year ago this happend to me, and i thought it was a little rude. i was on an interstate, maybe the 10 traveling west, there was absolutly NO ONE else on the road, ok yes i was speeding, but was it really nessecary to make me stand in knee high grass to sign a paper?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
themacs4
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Some highway patrolmen make you get out..some don't.  I had one make me get out once.  The other few times, I just sat in my car & waited! 

shabby.chic
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:47 PM

? I've didn't have to get out to sign the ticket, nor has anyone I've ever been with.

Maybe this cop was checking you out?

anikahaynes1
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:53 PM

haha they'd be pretty stupid to be doing that with my husband and daughter in the car. my husband isin the army and very well trained all around, and our car has a million infantry stickers on it so....... lol.....i was a little miffed about it but oh well....i was just wondering. thanks!

Quoting shabby.chic:

? I've didn't have to get out to sign the ticket, nor has anyone I've ever been with.

Maybe this cop was checking you out?

mcsmom99
by on May. 24, 2009 at 6:56 PM

I've never had a DPS officer ask me to get out of the car to sign a ticket.  Weird.

momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on May. 24, 2009 at 7:06 PM

same here with me...

Quoting mcsmom99:

I've never had a DPS officer ask me to get out of the car to sign a ticket.  Weird.

Kelseigh5
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:08 PM

I grew up in Texas, and I've never had an officer ask me to get out of the car to sign a ticket.

anikahaynes1
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Weird, whatever....i think they just felt like being ass holes that day...i was the only one on the road, i think they wanted to cause us problems. our daughter was just over 2 when we were driving through texas, ALL through texas, 12 hours worth, and i think they were just out to cause problems, so we'd have to deal with our daughter too. whatever it's in the past. I was just curious.

Quoting Kelseigh5:

I grew up in Texas, and I've never had an officer ask me to get out of the car to sign a ticket.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)