• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is a TMI... BUT DH is desperate.....

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:21 PM
  • 36 Replies

Ok about 2 and half weeks ago my DH got tick bit on his sac....... He works in landscaping and when he came home to get a shower he found a tick stuck to him, he said it wsnt normal looking something about brown stripes. But anyways it hasnt healed up yet there is like a RED knot with the scabed over area there and he says its about to itch him to death. I keep telling him to go the doctor and he wont cuz of the location of the bite. Anyways I know that Lyme disease usually creates a red circle or line around the area but does anyone have a clue as to what this might be??!?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VaNavyMom2b2009
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:23 PM

uh,,,yeah he needs to seek the doctor asap. You dont want to get a massive infection or turn into Lime's disease. So, common sense is to see the doctor :)

lillitigator88

omg good luck, he might have to suck it up and go in. if it makes him feel better I got an absess on my inner thigh right after I had my daughter painful and embarrasing.. my dh thought it looked cool when they took the packing out I had a gaping hole in my thigh. lol.. yuck.

3timesoccermom

If I were you I'd google "types of ticks in XOXO (the state you live in) and start from there.   

SunnyJoJo

Ask him about the size of the tick. If it was the size of a sesame seed or smaller go to the doctor. If it was larger the it's probably just a reaction from the area he was bitten in. I get huge welts when I get a tick on me. My dog gets major welts and it scabs over for weeks it's nasty. (I used him cause he has sensative skin)  

Praying For Molly. baby girl

bklaser
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:24 PM

I live in a highly wooded area, and I got a tick on my left side about.. two weeks ago. My husband got it off for me thank gosh, because just looking at it made me want to vomit. Tell him, mine got SUPER itchy and scabbed over. I was told that it was normal.I wouldnt be worried unless it got PURPLE.. or has the Bullseye. those are two signs that he needs to go to a hospital reguardless of the location of the bite.

withsecond
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Lyme disease can be serious if it's not treated. I heard something on the news that it can actually be deadly so he needs to just suck it up and get to the doctors! I would think since he's a man and it's on "his junk" then he'd want that taken care of right away!

Wife to Seanin loveMom to Michael 11 years old teen boy

Aedan 14 monthstoddler boyand pregnant with a boy! Due October 3rd! pregnant belly

Tatumsmommy0123
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Tell him he might lose his winkie if he doesn't go to the DR....maybe that will give him incentive to go, lol

reflection2067-1.gif picture by straightupmama

mysteriousmom06
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Tell your DH if it makes him feel any better, my son got a spider bite on his testicles once. The doctor told me he had never seen an insect bite there before.

But seriouly, make him go to the doctor

neenerashley
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Yea, he really needs to go... Whats worse seeing a DR about it, or  loosing a nut?

CSRodriguez
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:27 PM

it could be part of the tick still if you don't get them all out they  get infected .He needs to  be a big boy and go for  his own  good !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)