• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please Pray for my dad Update

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:48 PM
  • 4 Replies

My dad has been battling cancer for about 4 years now. He has multiple myeloma. The cancer is spreading now. He had it in his hip to begin with and he was in remission for 2 years and it slowly started spreading to other parts of his body. It has pretty much taken over. He was admitted to the hospital last night. He isn't able to walk or anything. He was given a few pints of blood. I'm not exactly sure what all they did. He is being checked for colan cancer at 10:30 in the morning. When they told him they suspected it he just turned and looked at us and a tear rolled down his cheek and ask us what do we do now? I just cried. I'm not ready to lose my daddy. Please just pray that his test comes back and he doesn't have it. Thank you!

My dad got the results from his test and he does NOT have colan cancer. I was so happy to hear that. He does have a small rip or something in his stomach, but they said they can fix that with medication.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Kaybean
by Kayleen on May. 24, 2009 at 7:52 PM

I will pray for your dad and your family. I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine going through that with my parents. I hope he's okay!!! Make sure you're praying and having faith as well.

TTC a GIRL? Want a GIRL in the future?
Join this group!!! We share tips and
methods for conceiving that baby girl!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/22322

SkysMom3808
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:58 PM

I am praying for your family!!! Keep your head up and keep faith!

samarahpresley
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Quoting Kaybean:

I will pray for your dad and your family. I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine going through that with my parents. I hope he's okay!!! Make sure you're praying and having faith as well.

I do pray. He didn't have a good outcome when he was first diagnosed, but he has beat it so far. I have had faith from the beginning and I'm not giving up now.

lollipopcat
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:00 PM

I'm so sorry for you and your family. I hope his test results can bring you and him some sort of comfort and hope.

baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)