Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Honey, do I look fat?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:17 PM
  • 54 Replies

Poll

Question: DO YOU ASK?

Options:

NO

YES

OTHER

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 170

View Results

Do you ask the hubs or SO this? I was just wondering how many woman actually ask their SO this. And if you do ask what does he usually say?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2009 at 8:19 PM

I never ask! I have a mirror and 2 eyes that work,I'll be the judge if I look fat or not! (my hubby is blatanty honest,I really don't want to hear the truth!)

in loveMe and Nate 6.12.99blowing bubblesGrace 10.10.03

SkysMom3808
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:20 PM

I ask my DH and expect him to be totally honest with me, and he is!

MAMAOF2ANGELS
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:22 PM

See I have dealt with an eating disorder for awhile and its really hard for me to look in the mirror and not see a fat person so when I am in a "fat mood" I do ask SO if I'm fat, I so want him to say yes you big fat ass just  to make myself feel worse. But he never does lol.I usually get out of whatever mood I'm in afterward though.

Quoting mamaslilpunkin:

I never ask! I have a mirror and 2 eyes that work,I'll be the judge if I look fat or not! (my hubby is blatanty honest,I really don't want to hear the truth!)

MAMAOF2ANGELS
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:25 PM

I'm sorry I'm so curious its why I made the post but what does he say to you?

Quoting SkysMom3808:

I ask my DH and expect him to be totally honest with me, and he is!

pinklilly_77
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:26 PM

NO... Only becuase he would tell me that I was just so I wont ask him in the future... But if I say I feel fat or I look fat I get the truth... But I do the same to him... 

MAMAOF2ANGELS
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Does he tell you a different opinion each time when you say you feel/look fat?

Quoting pinklilly_77:

NO... Only becuase he would tell me that I was just so I wont ask him in the future... But if I say I feel fat or I look fat I get the truth... But I do the same to him... 

Kassie09
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:28 PM

No

Moms with Attitude is a group for us moms to come together to chat,have fun,and enjoy yourselves.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/MomsWithAttitude

blinkie_ilovemygirlspink.gifblinkie_happilymarried_pink.giffullmom.gif image by Venus853

Mommy2Munchkins
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:32 PM

I don't ask, but I will complain that I look fat or feel fat to see if he thinks I do or not. He never says I look fat....but says things like "maybe that tops not right for you", "A few more workouts on your Bender Ball and that's gonna be hot!". It doesn't hurt my feelings and I don't think he's being an ass....I would rather he tell me honestly...than lie to spare my feelings and let me leave the house looking a little frumpy.  

mrsjoeljr
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Yep, I'll ask him sometimes, and we both know that no matter what the truth is, he has to say, "no you look beautiful" or something like that. :) If I'm looking for an honest opinion on something I'm thinking about buying, I won't ask him if I look fat but if the outfit looks "right" or something, and he'll tell me what he thinks. It's a system that works for us.

MyStErIoUsWiFe
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Of course I do, and I expect him to lie.  I know I am overweight lmao. I am 5'6" and 195 pounds of course I know the answer. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)