Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when do they change?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

does anyone know when a newborns eye changes tio its permanent color?

My Stanley Man born 2/27/2009

Im a vaxing, non-circing, breastfeeding, NIP no matter how uncomfortable it makes you because my son deserves the best nutrition whether we're in public or not, exctended rear-facing supporter, non CIO, co-sleeping/bedding, anti-antiobiotcs for every little sniffle, house is totally lived in dirty but clean enough as to be civilized, pro-choice, thinks religion is a completely silly concept, do whatever you think is best for you and yours as I will mine,  mama who loves my family more than words can express and is always up for healthy debating and meeting new friends.  You the same?  Hit me up!

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?  Then he is not omnipotent.  Is he able, but not willing?  Then he is malevolent.  Is he both able and willing?  Then whence cometh evil?  Is he neither able nor willing?  Then why call him God?"  -Epicurus

by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CarterMommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:52 PM

they can change  until they are a few years old actually lol

my oldest was born with bright blue eyes and they stuck the same from day one for a few years... now he is 4 and they are more of a blue/green/grey color

my little one started out with very very dark and his eyes have only lightened a little, he's 15 months now

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on May. 24, 2009 at 8:55 PM

I am not sure when they start to change but I have heard that they can change up to, I think, 2 yrs old.

amanda0320
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:56 PM

damn i was hoping i was in the clear!  lol.  my son is 3 mos old n they r really pretty.  the r a darker blue on th =e outside but brown/hazel in towards the iris.  maybe they will change to just brown afterall.

My Stanley Man born 2/27/2009

Im a vaxing, non-circing, breastfeeding, NIP no matter how uncomfortable it makes you because my son deserves the best nutrition whether we're in public or not, exctended rear-facing supporter, non CIO, co-sleeping/bedding, anti-antiobiotcs for every little sniffle, house is totally lived in dirty but clean enough as to be civilized, pro-choice, thinks religion is a completely silly concept, do whatever you think is best for you and yours as I will mine,  mama who loves my family more than words can express and is always up for healthy debating and meeting new friends.  You the same?  Hit me up!

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?  Then he is not omnipotent.  Is he able, but not willing?  Then he is malevolent.  Is he both able and willing?  Then whence cometh evil?  Is he neither able nor willing?  Then why call him God?"  -Epicurus

exceptalilfish
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:58 PM

i always heard 6 months

jmom470
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:11 PM

My daughter was born with blue eyes and around 6 months they turned grey and now at 15 months old they are green..

MorganRaesMom
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Couple years old.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

ILoveMyJason
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Typically by a year old, they should be about the same color that they'll stay, but they can change until they're about 2, like the others said. My son's eyes were blue at first, then turned more blue/gray, and changed to green at 14 months!!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)