Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help, we have ANTS!!!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:03 PM
  • 7 Replies
We live in a fairly nice apartment complex, and we have been having issues with ants for the last few weeks. I called the office, and they came out and sprayed for them. We came home the day after they sprayed, and there were no more ants. That was just last week, and the little buggers are already back! I try and vacuum, but they come up through the floor. The laundry room/cat room is the worst, they come up through cracks between the floor and the wall and get all up in my poor kitty's food. Does anyone know and kid/pet friendly ways to get rid of ants??

toddler boy

Sarah and Tristan          Nikolas James

6/30/07                        12/22/07

by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kyuteangl88
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:07 PM

ant spray! vinegar! cinnamon!  chili powder!

yankee64
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:08 PM

RAID ant traps work great. Go buy some of those.  It's not a spray or harmful chemical. They are kid/pet friendly. Good Luck. BTW.... if the laundry is the worst there may be a leak under the floor that is attracting them. They can go without food for days but not water. Where theres water,theres ants.

laurawaterf.gif picture by awtweetyo

Mommy2Nikolas
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:10 PM
Interesting note about the possible leak... And I'll look into the RAID traps! Thanks!!

Quoting yankee64:

RAID ant traps work great. Go buy some of those.  It's not a spray or harmful chemical. They are kid/pet friendly. Good Luck. BTW.... if the laundry is the worst there may be a leak under the floor that is attracting them. They can go without food for days but not water. Where theres water,theres ants.

laurawaterf.gif picture by awtweetyo

toddler boy

Sarah and Tristan          Nikolas James

6/30/07                        12/22/07

rkoloms
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:26 PM

vinegar and orange oil

Robin in Chicago

momma-flynn
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:28 PM

You can draw a line on the floor with dish soap and they get stuck in it. Or mix honey and cornmeal and put that out. The honey atracts them and the cornmeal will expand in their tummies and kill them. A little cruel but both are non-toxic.

dusky_rose
by Sue on May. 24, 2009 at 9:32 PM

We have ants too and my hubby just looked this up online. I guess they don't like mint and basil and if you sprinkle cinnamon where they walk they won't go there and they don't like talcum powder either.

I'm thankful for a hubby that loves me, 4 healthy children, a warm place to sleep and enough food for our meals... God bless America!

CeeGee81
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2010 at 1:16 PM

We get infested with Ants from July until mid October...every year...nothing works....Ive tried it all.....good luck though. 

~I would love to tell you what I'm thinking, but then, tongues would wag, jaws would drop and minds would reel!  I guess some things are best left unsaid  :P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)