Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't take it anymore!! Litter box training help?!?!

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:36 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm pregnant, and my man does the litter box, but he works a LOT. We are currently trying to litter train our 3 7 week old kittens, (have been trying for the last 2 weeks) and they just don't get it! They started pooing on the rug we had under the litter box, then when we took that away they pooed on thier kitty bed. we consulted the trusty old internet and put them in a small room with thier food, water, box and cardboard over the whole floor.... so they poo everywhere but the box. I feel SOOO bad keeping them locked in the tiny room after they have been out roaming the whole house for the last 2-3 weeks, but they just don't get it, and I really can't be picking up thier messes when my man is at work... Anyone know a good way to get them trained???

(oh, an a side note, momma cat took a cue from the babies and started to poo on the floor too... I can't take this anymore, but don't want to get rid of my kitties!)

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jessdamian77
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:39 PM

hmm.. do you put the poo in the litterbox or throw it away?

ajswenson
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:39 PM

One of my friends had this problem with her adult cat and got some thing you plug into the wall that has some kind of hormone in it, and seriously it helps....call the vets office or a big pet supply place.  There were some other things she tried too - like pills - but that doesn't seem like a good idea with that many!!! Good luck.

hotmomalert2.5
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:40 PM

hmmm.....for some reason when I had my cats, they just like, knew to poop in the box. I guess I got lucky. I guess keep doing what your doing. Keep them in a room with their things until they get it. Actually pick them up and put them in the litter. Maybe if you pick some of the poo up and put it in the litter they'll see and be like, hmm....that's an idea! If that doesn't work, maybe try changin the brand of litter your using?

anyways, there's my 2 cents....hope it works out! and since yousaid you were pregnant and you have to clean the poop, make sure you wear gloves or something and wash your really really good!

good luck!

2 princeblinkies

tjroberts
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Wish i could help mine i alsways just put them in the box said this is your bathroom adn never had a prob occationaly though my big cats will get mad at us and take out who ever side of the bed they get put in the bathroom for a while and they change there tone for a week or so lol but here is a bump anyway 

Photobucket

baby

ccspiratemama
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:51 PM

He puts the poo in the box so that they see it, but cleans it up after an hour or so, since one of the internet sites said that some cats will reject a dirty box. maybe I will head to petco about the hormone thing...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)