• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina Mommies..

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:37 PM
  • 9 Replies

We are looking for something fun to do with our two year old near south eastern North Carolina.  We were going to go to the aquarium in Myrtle Beach, but is black bike week, so Myrtle Beach is out..  Any mommies here in North Carolina who can make a suggestion of something fun to do in the Willimington, Raleigh or Charolette?  We are willing to drive a little..  Those are the three nearest big towns "near" us..

Thanks

by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
happymom_0307
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Carowinds is in Charlotte.  Willimgton also has a nice beach.. we will be there in about a month.  Charlotte also has a couple child friendly museums like Discovery Place. 

amygray
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Quoting happymom_0307:

Carowinds is in Charlotte.  Willimgton also has a nice beach.. we will be there in about a month.  Charlotte also has a couple child friendly museums like Discovery Place. 

Thanks.  I think he is too young for Carowinds  :)

The riptide at the beach is terrible bad right now, so we are wanting to avoid the beach.

Thank you so much for the suggestions..  Wow I never really realized how there is nothing to do in North Carolina..

abbynzachsmommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:47 PM
Yeah, there's Carowinds in Charlotte, Discovery Place is pretty cool, especailly for kids. There's the Charlotte Knights Baseball games (minor league) but its technically in Rock hill,SC...a few min south of charlotte.. You can also do race shop tours and tour the Lowe's Motor Speedway. Then there is Concord mill with its nascar speed park.

navy     Lovin my Sailor!!!

cjsmom0206
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Wrightsville Beach is in the Wilmington area. I would google NC summer festivals. There are tons all through the summer. You could drive to a quant little town for the festival and get to know the area. I'm up in the Raleigh area alot, myself. I live an hour south of there, so I guess I could help you if you ever wanted to check that area out. However, I'm up there to shop most of the time! lol

Quoting happymom_0307:

abbynzachsmommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:50 PM
Quoting amygray:

Actually Carowinds has a HUGE park just for little kids and a water park. There actually is alot to o in NC, espeically along the coast and in the Mts. But you have to look for it. The OBX has a lot of light houses, and there is an aquarium down there ( i want to say wilmington, but i'm not 100%). There's the wright bro's museum and monument. There's fairy rides, and a place you can go see the wild horses.

navy     Lovin my Sailor!!!

Nholliday829
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:52 PM

There are Childrens Museums here close by where Im at.. Winston-Salem..They are AWESOME especially for the littler ones..GL.

I forgot the Asheboro Zoo is nice too..and its SUPER cheap..

cjsmom0206
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:58 PM

There is also the marble museum in Raleigh. My son had a blast there.

amygray
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:06 PM

just googled the Marble Museum in Raleigh.. That looks really cool..

the children's museum in Charolette looks super fun too. 

Thanks

Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia is a hole that develops in the diaphragm at about 8 weeks gestation, allowing the intestines and other organs to move into the chest cavity, prohibiting the lungs to fully develop.  It occurs in 1 out of 2500 births and kills so many babies each year.  CDH is as common as Downs Syndrome and Spina Bifida.  Research and awareness is badly needed.  Please see www.cdhawareness.com for Baby Elizabeth and others like her.

usmclife58
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 10:08 PM

There is the USS NC in Wilmington, Discovery Place in Charlotte, NC Zoo in Asheboro, the Children's Museum in Greensboro (AWESOME), and also Emerald Pointe in Greensboro(a waterpark for people of all ages, including babies). That is just some of the things. There are tons of things to do in NC just depends on what exactly you are looking for and how far you want to drive =)

myspace commentsPhotobucket

myspace commentsPhotobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)