• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tricare Standard Question

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:39 PM
  • 7 Replies

Do they typically authorize additional mental health visits?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2009 at 9:42 PM

I believe you get eight after the eight you need a referral....let me double check for you brb

jessdamian77
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:43 PM

i honestly have never heard of a case where theyw ill deny a mental health visit

cjsmom0206
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Interesting question, standard is different then Prime, so I'm not sure. You will need a referral regardless from your psychotherapist.

MaddiesMaMa418
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:46 PM

The thing is my husband was diagnosed mild OCD and SAD so he used up all 8 visits. I posted a few weeks ago about the crazy extreme mood swings I've been having and now I would like to talk to someone. I just hope they'll authorize more.

Quoting cjsmom0206:

Interesting question, standard is different then Prime, so I'm not sure. You will need a referral regardless from your psychotherapist.

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2009 at 9:47 PM

http://tricare.mil/mybenefit/home/MentalHealthAndBehavior

check out this link....I couldn't do it for you because you need to fill out some info like your location,plan,etc. Hope it helps.

junebug624
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:52 PM

So YOU didnt use the 8 visits yet?  If not, you need a referrral and you get your own 8 visits to use apart from your dh before you need additional requests.  A pp put the link for you, its all you should need.

Quoting MaddiesMaMa418:

The thing is my husband was diagnosed mild OCD and SAD so he used up all 8 visits. I posted a few weeks ago about the crazy extreme mood swings I've been having and now I would like to talk to someone. I just hope they'll authorize more.

Quoting cjsmom0206:

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college attending, loving my soldier, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

MaddiesMaMa418
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Okay, so it's 8 per person? Am I reading it right?

Quoting junebug624:

So YOU didnt use the 8 visits yet?  If not, you need a referrral and you get your own 8 visits to use apart from your dh before you need additional requests.  A pp put the link for you, its all you should need.

Quoting MaddiesMaMa418:

Quoting cjsmom0206:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)