• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about moles...cancer...scared.

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:50 PM
  • 20 Replies

I have 4 moles...they don't look right. They seem to be getting bigger and the dark spots seem to be getting darker and bigger.

I avoid doctors/hospitals at all costs...but should I let these go? Is this bad?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegepunkstr
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:54 PM

They dont look cancerous to me. If you google cancerous moles you can see pictures of them. But Im am not a doctor so if you are truly worried go get them checked out. Better safe than sorry.

Photobucket
geminishadow79
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:57 PM

have they always had a little bit of color in them?  If so they look just fine.  The things to watch for is if they change color get bigger or have an irregular shape.  you can have your primary care provider look at them if your really nervous about it.

junebug624
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I say the same thing, if it makes you feel better, my dad has 2 that are bigger than that, and got them checked.  He's fine though

Quoting vegepunkstr:

They dont look cancerous to me. If you google cancerous moles you can see pictures of them. But Im am not a doctor so if you are truly worried go get them checked out. Better safe than sorry.

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college attending, loving my soldier, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2009 at 9:59 PM

they don't look cancerous but i'm not a dr...better safe than sorry mama....i'd get it checked just in case.

Greenstone920
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Go get them checked out.  If nothing else it will ease you mind, and it might just save your life.

neenerashley
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:00 PM

You may want to have them looked at even if they dont fit the whole profile.

better safe then sorry.

I have to go myself. I have like 4 on my arm that just appeared and a dark spot on my eye lid.

Im like a walking poster child for skin cancer because im so white!

LuvmySFSGT
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Quoting geminishadow79:

have they always had a little bit of color in them?  If so they look just fine.  The things to watch for is if they change color get bigger or have an irregular shape.  you can have your primary care provider look at them if your really nervous about it.

No...the black has started to show up in the past year and a half. The moles are also getting a lot bigger.

Gosh...Cancer runs in my family. My mom has some skin cancer issues in her 30's and got breast cancer when she was 39. Both my grandmas have also had breast cancer.

Billie_Bush
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:01 PM

cancer ABCD

a-asymmetry-both sides are not the same

b-border being irregular darker, or not smooth

c-color, uneven, different colors, or black with hints of blue

d-diameter- bigger than 6mm

laurajo84
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:03 PM
There are many different forms of skin cancer, and they all look different. To say that it doesn't look cancerous is absolutely impossible because it can take on many different forms. If they are new and showing change, DEFINITELY GET THEM CHECKED OUT. My mom has had skin cancer twice, basil cell and melanoma. The 3rd and 4th look similar to some that she had to have removed. Best of Luck, but PLEASE get it checked out, asap!!!!!
lacygurl2326
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:04 PM

they say if htey get bigger and/or darker to get them checked out. it can't hurt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)