• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this be cheating?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:00 PM
  • 40 Replies

Poll

Question: Would it be cheating

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 46

View Results

If you and your spouse were separated for a few weeks, days etc.

Would you consider yourself both single?

If he sleeps with someone else at the time, would it be cheating? What are your thoughts?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RiyahsMommy08
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:02 PM

No I wouldn't be single and it would be cheating

slm047

Regardless, we would still be married. Just because we get upset with one another and we aren't around one another for a few days, our marriage wouldn't be put on hold or done. Sleeping with another while on separation is no good.

jmlgb

If you seperated and were trying to "work" on things then to me YES it's cheating. Married? Yep it's cheating until the divorce or seperation is filed. 

SkysMom3808

If we have no intentions of working it out no, if we are trying to work things out, and work on us yes!  

mellissacook
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:03 PM

I think that so long as you are still legally married you are "married" and sleeping with someone else would be cheating. If you are separated you probably are going through a lot, take the time to focus on yourself, it just doesn't seem like the right time to be looking for a new relationship in my opinion

RmeWifey01
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:05 PM

In my world........still married........still cheating........and I'd still kill him!! If it was like a year or close to it, and we were then LEGALLY seperated, then......I may just let it go b/c it's been so long, but a few weeks or a few months NO WAY....especially if we were still talking of trying again.

nanaT2
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:06 PM

As long as you two are married, it is cheating. 

RoseWall
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2009 at 10:06 PM

No. only single is single.

sleeping with someone else while separated from the spouse you are planning to divorce is cheating.

get divorced or breakup with your partner first then sleep around.

those are my thoughts. thanks for asking. oh and sleeping around or interacting through the Internet  with someone who isn't your girlfriend or SO or fiancee or wife, or spouse you are separated from is cheating too. get divorced then interact on the Internet with someone you are not committed to. those are more of my thoughts.

thank you for asking.

lorilovesya
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:07 PM

No.  You would still be married, not single, until the divorce is FINAL.

And yes it is cheating.

jcbruce_80
by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:07 PM
Quoting RiyahsMommy08:

No I wouldn't be single and it would be cheating

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)