Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He wont go to sleep!

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

UGGGGHHHH My 18month old refuses to go to sleep!  I have been trying since 8pm! (its almost 11 here)  We usually NEVER have a problem getting him in bed, the only thing we did different tonight was leave the door open to let the cool air from the AC in his room.  Now if I go and try to close his door, he flips out even more.  He is screaming, not really crying, only once in a while.  He will get out of bed go to the gate and say "mommy" for a bit, go climb back in bed and scream some more.

This child had a long day and only a short nap in the car (usually takes a 2hr nap at home) We were outside all afternoon, at a bday party, and he is over tired. 

I have given him a bath, took him down stairs gave him a snack, layed in bed with him (yes in his tiny toddler bed) and sang to him.  I even tried leaving a small light on incase it was the dark that bothered him.  I dont know what else to do!?!?!?!?!?!

by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
babykitten84
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:01 PM

sometimes when they are real tired like that they will fight to go to bed even though they are really that tired. you could try shuting the hallway light of, if its on. but as hard as it may be you just might have to wait for him to fall asleep. if the house is noisy and hes used to quite try to quite things down alittle. im not sure on his sleep habits. good luck! this may just be "one of those" nights. sorry. best of luck. hope something works for you.

JaydensMommy107
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:05 PM

bump

miss146mn
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Uggh, I'm so sorry you're going through that.  It sounds awful.  I'm sorry I don't have any new ideas for you, it sounds like you're doing everything you can.  Hope he goes to sleep soon.

Here's one sleeping baby for you...

sleep

JaydensMommy107
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:07 PM

bump

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 24, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I feel you!  My ds has been up since 6am and he only slept 5 hours last night.  He did not nap today at all and I just finally got him to sleep..  Ugh he is over tired too so it'll probably be a night a from hell.   Good luck mama and hope he goes to bed soon!  :) 

lisamomfor3
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Aww I"m so sorry, that sucks you must be exhausted too.  Have you thought about maybe bringing him into bed with you, or laying on the sofa with him for just one night?  I have sooo been there, I know how hard it is.  When my little guy gets over tired I usally have to turn off all the lights, so that it's pretty much pitch black,and just lay down with him, so he's not scared.  Good luck mama, I hope you get some sleep tonight.

lisazoosiggy.gif picture by lisamomfor3

JaydensMommy107
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:17 PM

I would, but I cosleep with my 2 month old... And My older son is waaaayyy to wiggly.  I am sending Daddy in... I am beyond frustrated

Quoting lisamomfor3:

Aww I"m so sorry, that sucks you must be exhausted too.  Have you thought about maybe bringing him into bed with you, or laying on the sofa with him for just one night?  I have sooo been there, I know how hard it is.  When my little guy gets over tired I usally have to turn off all the lights, so that it's pretty much pitch black,and just lay down with him, so he's not scared.  Good luck mama, I hope you get some sleep tonight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)