• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do I go from here?

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:08 PM
  • 4 Replies

This all started about a month ago. We went on a vacation to see my parents. (the kids and I and my husband) well my husband came home to work and the kids and I stayed to visit for 2 1/2 more weeks. when he got home I guess thats when he started hanging out with his friend lets call him "Fred". he started not answering the phone and staying over there till 3:30 a.m. ---not a big deal we wernt even here so fine. We get home and he is hanging out with this guy everyday. Either he comes over to my husbands job or my husband goes to his house EVERYDAY. Fred is married with a baby on the way. It wouldnt bother me so much, but its become something that happens every single day. He makes up excuses...To the point that he doesnt get home untill after all the kids and I are in bed. He usually doesnt show up till about midnight. And that brings us to tonight. After Church today he asked if I wanted to go to freds house for a cook out for memorial day. I declinded saying I didnt want to take the babys out. Too many things for them to get hurt on where they were going, there was going to be drinking there, and it wouldnt even get started till after dark. A.K.A. The kids bed time. So I told him he could go if he came home halfway early. around 8ish.   Nope...AND tonight after church they threw me a suprise b-day party....(My birthday is wed) and because he didnt answer his phone he missed it. MY only family other than the kids I have here missed it. And Im just tired of competing with fred and I want a little of him time. I've told him and he will promise things, and never come through. I just dont know what to do anymore....What would you do?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mommyof2n13
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Thanks Ladies!

jenking04
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:28 PM

I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time right now. Tell your Dh how much it means to you for him to spend time at home with you and the kids as well. If tha dosent work give him an ultimatetum. Tell him you dont mind him hanging out with his friend every once in awhile but you guys are married and he needs to spend time at home with you and the kids to

raine.arnesen
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:32 PM

The only thing I can tell you to do right now is to tell him how feel. Be completely honest. You have to communicate how you are feeling and that it bothers you. If not really you're just as much to blame as him because how is he supposed to know it bugs you if you don't say anything. (I know, I know, this should be a no brainer for him, but guys can be dumb, lol).

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Quoting jenking04:

I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time right now. Tell your Dh how much it means to you for him to spend time at home with you and the kids as well. If tha dosent work give him an ultimatetum. Tell him you dont mind him hanging out with his friend every once in awhile but you guys are married and he needs to spend time at home with you and the kids to

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)