Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is with baby/toddler clothes???

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:17 PM
  • 17 Replies

Ok, why do kids clothes look so adult??? I mean our kids are getting big fast anyway, why make them look so much more older?? I mean I have put outfits on my dd, and she looks fifteen! We don't want child predators looking at our children, yet the clothes the manufacturers seem to think its ok making our children two piece bikini's and belly shirts and tank tops and booty shorts! I mean damn. I know I am not the only one who notices this right? Does anyone else have a problem with some of the childrens clothes (mainly girls)????

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsmilfy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:21 PM

I don't really like frilly things on baby girls past 18 months...I buy regular toddler clothes IMO...the only thing adult looking DD has are little toddler sandle platforms and they are stinking cute...but she has only worn them once cuz she falls too much in them. Child predator's are going to look no matter what! As long as young kids aren't showing their bellies or wearing low cut shirts or skirts/shorts showing their chest/butt cheeks...then I don't see the problem.

mamapotter
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:24 PM

I have 3 girls, 13, 10, and 5, and YES I have a big problem with girls clothes today!!

My oldest would rather wear a loose t-shirt with her favorite band and jeans, so not much trouble there, but my middle one is way into fashion.  We fight over clothes a lot, because I find some of the stuff she want innapropriate.  The youngest is happy if it has Tinkerbell on it, so we're good for now, lol.

Dr. Phil said that the secret to inner peace was to finish everything you started.  So I looked around the house, finished the book I wanted to read, my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, and a bottle of Jack Daniels.  You wouldn't believe how calm I am now.
MommyLovesLuke
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:25 PM

ITA I dont get why any parent would dress their child in a micro mini skirt? Or a string bikini? Its not cute.

cjsmom0206
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:26 PM

I've never had a problem with children's clothes. After they are about 1 1/2, I don't want to dress them like babies. I want them to look like little people.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2009 at 11:28 PM

I was in walmart last night and I didnt see anything too sexy unless you consider spagetti width straps on dresses sexy. They had alot of cute tops/capris outfits for 12 mo to 5t.

photoqueen240
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Oh, its bad! I am VERY picky about what my girls wear.....

Girls(and boys alike!) are being dressed now like they are adults. Being made "sexy". Its ridiculous. I was dropping my kids off at school one day earlier this year and saw a little girl wearing something I would NEVER wear and i'm 26! This was the Pre-K/Kindergarten center!

luv2wahm
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:30 PM

I think it depends on where you shop...we buy a lot from Target, the children's place and Walmart....we are mostly a t shirt and jeans type of family...

I have to say though, some of the worst clothes I have seen for young girls is Kmart...some of their things are...eeeeekkkk

Tatumsmommy0123
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:33 PM

I'm sorry, but no matter what you put on a small child it does NOT look sexy.  Anyone who perceives a child as sexy is sick.

Quoting photoqueen240:

Girls(and boys alike!) are being dressed now like they are adults. Being made "sexy". Its ridiculous. I was dropping my kids off at school one day earlier this year and saw a little girl wearing something I would NEVER wear and i'm 26! This was the Pre-K/Kindergarten center!

reflection2067-1.gif picture by straightupmama

MommyLovesLuke
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:35 PM

I think she means the clothes are made to look sexy.

Quoting Tatumsmommy0123:

I'm sorry, but no matter what you put on a small child it does NOT look sexy.  Anyone who perceives a child as sexy is sick.

Quoting photoqueen240:

Trinity0820
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:36 PM

I just wanted to add, I dont think ALL clothes do this... Just some that the manufacturers MAKE THEM look TOO ADULT sometimes..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)