• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

married, sick and everythings worse when your sick....

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

I swear being married is so much easier for some people that I know. Why is it so hard for me? I'm sick today and haven't been feeling well the past 2 weeks for so due to a ovarian cyst, then now i have an awful cold and feel so crappy and hubby got mad at me because i didn't get up and cook dinner? I missed church cuz im so sick so hubby took the kids to church and taught my sunday school class for me. I was also supposed to sing solo today at church and couldn't. HE KNOWS IM SICK! Why is he being such a loser? grrrrr not to mention i usually cook dinner everyday? somedays im sick of being married and sometimes its easier when hes at work...not sure that is ok to feel.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Carolbrady100
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Yes, it's okay to feel. All married people feel like that at times. I hope your feeling better soon!

LolaBellesMommy
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:48 PM

I think we all feel like "other people's marriages" are easier, because we don't live them!  All marriages have their ups and downs, snags, and frustrations.  Trust me, even if your friends and/or aquaintances don't say it, they have the same problems.  We all get irritated, don't stress about it.  Just tell your hubby it would be nice if he made YOU dinner - a nice hot bowl of soup to help you feel better!

I am a SAH, lactivist, alt-schedule vaxing, future ERFing, Glenn Beck watching, Dr. Laura listening, conservative and agnostic and pro-life because I don't need religion to have morals, Hubby loving Mommy to my 8 month old beautiful baby girl!  And I am my kid's mom!

kmsmommy430
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:50 PM

its ok mammas i feel that way sometimes 2

i am 23 yr old military wife mother of one ds and i have an 18 yr old adopted daughter. i am a non spanking, vaxing, non cio, erf, organic feeding , juice limiting, smokeing, dispossible diaper useing mom , who cant stand people telling me how to raise my ds. if you dont like what i do then dont do it with yours. i didnt marry you or have babys with you so  ill do it my way and you do it yours.

air forceteen girltoddler boy

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2009 at 11:52 PM

sometimes it just seems like other couples maybe love or respect each other more. I know everyone has there problems. I worry I have too many!

hotmomalert2.5
by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:56 PM

I'm sory your sick! And I can relate to the ovarian cyst thing too, it's super painful!

I know the feeling....when my hubs is at work, is nice around here, as awful as that sounds. And he's gonna be laid off here for 6 weeks this summer. that's gonna be a long six weeks, that's for sure, lol

it's normal!

2 princeblinkies

jcbruce_80
by on May. 25, 2009 at 12:00 AM
I have found that my husband really does need to have it spelled out for him. He doesn't do it on purpose, but he just seems to not be able to see, sometimes, that I need help. I'd just have a talk with dh and say "I really appreciate you taking the kids to church so I can rest and taking over my SS class. I know it can be hard to deal with the kids at church. Thank you. I'm sorry I couldn't make dinner tonight. I really am not feeling well today. I know you've already done a lot for me today, but I really need you to make something for dinner tonight."

We all go through periods in our marriage that are less than rosy. No one's marriage is perfect. Just remember the reasons you married him in the first place and the goals you are striving for together.
Carolbrady100
by on May. 25, 2009 at 12:08 AM

That's good advice! They really dont even know why we are upset half the time, mens brains work differently. Holding back your feelings and letting him guess, never works. Just tell him how you feel, he's probably clueless!

Quoting jcbruce_80:

I have found that my husband really does need to have it spelled out for him. He doesn't do it on purpose, but he just seems to not be able to see, sometimes, that I need help. I'd just have a talk with dh and say "I really appreciate you taking the kids to church so I can rest and taking over my SS class. I know it can be hard to deal with the kids at church. Thank you. I'm sorry I couldn't make dinner tonight. I really am not feeling well today. I know you've already done a lot for me today, but I really need you to make something for dinner tonight."

We all go through periods in our marriage that are less than rosy. No one's marriage is perfect. Just remember the reasons you married him in the first place and the goals you are striving for together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)