Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

does medicaid cover braces?

Posted by on May. 28, 2009 at 1:03 PM
  • 19 Replies

if so what state are u in and what is the procudure

by on May. 28, 2009 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cdgoldilocks
by on May. 28, 2009 at 1:05 PM

In general no. Braces are cosmetic.

Only if Braces will correct a REALLY jacked up bite, or something really severe. And even that is rare.

I am in CA.

2egbhgx.jpg Eleanor Roosevelt image by whatadollx3

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. -Barry Goldwater

mommy2twoangel
by on May. 28, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Nope, I don't believe so, but I could be wrong.  I am in Texas and my stepson is on medicade in Louisiana and he needs braces and I don't believe they are covering it.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on May. 28, 2009 at 1:05 PM

I don't know but the dental college does it for $119 a month.Both of my sons refuse to get them.

What good is your shouting if I am not listening anymore?
bribribri
by on May. 28, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Medicaid is different in different states. When I was in Texas they were going to cover it, they did cover the oral surgery to remove my 4 impacted wisdom teeth, and covered 3 root canals and ceramic caps.

The dentists in Missouri just about shat bricks when they found out that Medicaid covered so much in Texas. They didn't cover diddly squat in Missouri.

I'm so glad my Medicaid days are over. lol.

.::i absolutely adore::.
|my husband and son|

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

NINA003
by on May. 28, 2009 at 1:06 PM

I live in NY and my friend got braces for her DD with medicade

stacey0716
by on May. 28, 2009 at 1:07 PM

we are in TX and a friend of mine has 2 kids in braces, covered by medicaid.

himnme
by on May. 28, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Quoting mommy2twoangel:

Nope, I don't believe so, but I could be wrong.  I am in Texas and my stepson is on medicade in Louisiana and he needs braces and I don't believe they are covering it.

im in texas. i called that texas health steps ( or something) because i needed to change doctors. on that call i asked them to mail me a list of dentist. i asked if it covered and she said that i would have to call the dentist , that some do, some dont (im assuming whether its needed or cosmetic) and once you choose which doctor , you have to stay with him during the whole braces procedure.

still havent gotton the list, but once i do i will start calling.

sheenalee
by on May. 28, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I live in Louisiana, you are correct. But yet a dentist can say your child needs more fillings than they really do to "reap more benifits", how crappy is that?

Quoting mommy2twoangel:

magic67
by on May. 28, 2009 at 2:39 PM
they do cover in massachusetts
judith106
by on May. 28, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Quoting magic67:

they do cover in massachusetts

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)